Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who had the easier route to a HW world title: Deontay Wilder or David Haye?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitly Wilder.

Weight isn't everything, Haye was fighting higher quality comp and was nearly undisputed at cruiserweight. In terms of skills and athleticism he is a much better fighter than Wilder.
    Wilder beat Stiverne, so what? Stiverne was a fat dehydrated bum who didn't throw many punches and didn't know how to cut off the ring.
    Valuev was a better champion than Stiverne. He had wins over Ruiz,Holyfield,Barrett,Liakhovich,Mccline etc and was something of a dominant champ behind the Klitschkos.
    Stiverne beat a fat Arreola and what else?

Comment

Stiverne>Valuev

Haye barely, and I mean barely beat Valuev, he could've easily lost.

Wilder dominated Stiverne with a broken hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
        Stiverne>Valuev

Haye barely, and I mean barely beat Valuev, he could've easily lost.

Wilder dominated Stiverne with a broken hand.
        Haye would've sparked out Stiverne mid rounds just like he did to Chisora.

Comment

Quite comfortably Wilder.

Haye fought decent fighters at cruiser weight, which was a part of his route to a hw title, Wilder has literally fought no one until he fought Stiverne

Comment

Obviously Wilder, to discount Haye's CW run is silly as it was part of his road traveled to a paper WBA title.

Wilder fought no one before Stiverne, oh lets no forget the Scott dive.

To suggest otherwise is riding the hype of a recent win. I know it gets exciting but give your cooters time to dry ladies and realize that it wasn't exactly the most impressive of wins Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
              David Haye did not have an easy route to a HW title at all!

The guy was a stellar Cruiserweight champion first and then stepped up. Haye cannot be expected to have to fight a careers worth of heavies when he's already fought a career full at cruiser!

All the past time heavies fought most (60's and before) or half (70's) there career's at cruiser to put it in perspective.

The few guys he whacked around prior to his title fight were on the level with if not better than the faded champs and Malik Scott which Deontay took nearly a qtr century to reach the level of.

His title fight vs Valuev was a far greater test then the Bermane Stiverne that Haye wrested the title from.

That wraps it up.
              I realize anything anti-American plays high on your priorities, but Valuev a far greater test than Stiverne? Not now, not than, not ever.

Comment

Wilder & Haye had much more impressive runs to the HW title than this guy...

Ismael Youla 11-2-0
                Francesco Spinelli 19-4-0
                Mario Schiesser 36-3-1
                Ricardo Kennedy 14-6-1
                Jose Ribalta 38-14

I wont even say the fighters name cuz thatd be trolling

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                  Lol at Liakhovich. He's 3-6 in his last 9 fights. 3 wins against club fighters. In 4 of the losses he was stopped. He was coming off of 2 consecutive stoppage losses against prospects FFS. It actually matters when you fight someone.
                  Last 9 fights you say? Barrett was 5-4 in his last 9 before running in to Davey boy. Is that stellar by your standards? I stated "marginally" for a reason.

Also Barrett was 41 and speaking of beating club fighters, Monte himself holds that honor compared to Liakovich who will regardless always have that distinction of holding a belt for what it's worth and he did beat Brewster not some scrub.

Again the emphasis on marginally.
                  Last edited by Box-Office; 01-19-2015, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Is this a serious question?

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                      Wilder & Haye had much more impressive runs to the HW title than this guy...

Ismael Youla 11-2-0
                      Francesco Spinelli 19-4-0
                      Mario Schiesser 36-3-1
                      Ricardo Kennedy 14-6-1
                      Jose Ribalta 38-14

I wont even say the fighters name cuz thatd be trolling

Most of Calzaghe's resume is a joke also

Comment

Working...
                      X