Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does David Price have the worst chin in the entire history of heavyweight boxing?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does David Price have the worst chin in the entire history of heavyweight boxing?.

He makes Frank Bruno look like George Foreman.
    Yes
    29.41%
    No
    70.59%

No, there's a lot who were worse.

Marcus Rhode for one.

Price will win the rematch with Thompson and become a top heavyweight contender.

He just needs a promoter who will keep him busier, he had too few rounds in 2011 and 2012 for an up-and-comer.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      No, there's a lot who were worse.

Marcus Rhode for one.

Price will win the rematch with Thompson and become a top heavyweight contender.

He just needs a promoter who will keep him busier, he had too few rounds in 2011 and 2012 for an up-and-comer.
      In terms of top 100 ranked fighters in the division.

Comment

Debatable between Price and Fury.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          Debatable between Price and Fury.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

fury has a much better chin than price.

he got up from the bomb he took from cunningham, and won the fight. that was basically the biggest punch cunningham could have thrown.

price got up and did the thriller dance after rolling around on the ground like a baby. he also took a much smaller punch.

Comment

I once thought so, but after watching After the Last Round I'm not so sure. In that documentary they spoke to George Chuvalo who said the best places to hit a guy were on the chin, the hinge of the jaw, and behind the ear. Thompson has a fairly high KO ratio (about 62%, if I remember right). For the time being I'm willing to give Price the benefit of the doubt, although it's safe to say he is no Ray Mercer.

I'm not saying Fury has the worst chin, but he got decked by 2 punchers with KO ratios below 40%. Eddie Chambers and Chris Byrd have higher KO ratios than that.

Comment

Price hasn't been put down by a punch to the chin yet, let alone knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                Price hasn't been put down by a punch to the chin yet, let alone knocked out.
                Chin is a word used for punch resistance in general.

He was separated from his senses by a cuffing powder-puff shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                  Chin is a word used for punch resistance in general.

He was separated from his senses by a cuffing powder-puff shot.
                  Which perforated his ear drum... the organ that controls balance...

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                    Which perforated his ear drum... the organ that controls balance...
                    Come off it.

He's been knocked out and knocked down multiple times in the amateurs.

Comment

Working...
                    X