Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very sad day. Rest in peace champ.

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
    And I bet he gave it hell.

As a very young boy who often got into trouble, stumbling into Joe Fraziers gym was the greatest thing to ever happen in my life. I was a reformed person. Under the tutelage of Joe, I learned the Ins and outs of boxing. I knew how to box like hearns, I know how to counterpunch, but I preferred to be a swarmer, because it was much more fun.

I was blessed with unnatural strength and an inhuman toughness and preserverance that greatly helped my boxing. But it was the dedication, work ethic, and never give up attitude that Joe Frazier instilled me that I take heart too. It helped my school grades and study habits, leading to high ACT scores and good grades. But it bettered me as person. As my role model, father figure, best friend, cornerman, trainer and figure of high respect. I will always rate Frazier as the toughest most determined man ever to enter the ring. He is for me the suprafighter, the best fighter in history. Is he the kind of boxer like Willie Pep? Is his resume as strong as Ezzard Charles? Perhaps not. But he trained and worked harder than any fighter before or after, and showed up with the intention to take you to hell and back.

The most remarkable human being I have ever met, my number 5 ATG heavyweight, my favorite fighter, undisputed heavy weight champion of the world, and perhaps the greatest win ever in the most important fight on March 4th 1971, Joe Frazier is my idol.

Farwell my old friend, the final bell has rung.
    ^^^^ That moved me quite a bit. My condolences to you if you are family or close to Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
      And I bet he gave it hell.

As a very young boy who often got into trouble, stumbling into Joe Fraziers gym was the greatest thing to ever happen in my life. I was a reformed person. Under the tutelage of Joe, I learned the Ins and outs of boxing. I knew how to box like hearns, I know how to counterpunch, but I preferred to be a swarmer, because it was much more fun.

I was blessed with unnatural strength and an inhuman toughness and preserverance that greatly helped my boxing. But it was the dedication, work ethic, and never give up attitude that Joe Frazier instilled me that I take heart too. It helped my school grades and study habits, leading to high ACT scores and good grades. But it bettered me as person. As my role model, father figure, best friend, cornerman, trainer and figure of high respect. I will always rate Frazier as the toughest most determined man ever to enter the ring. He is for me the suprafighter, the best fighter in history. Is he the kind of boxer like Willie Pep? Is his resume as strong as Ezzard Charles? Perhaps not. But he trained and worked harder than any fighter before or after, and showed up with the intention to take you to hell and back.

The most remarkable human being I have ever met, my number 5 ATG heavyweight, my favorite fighter, undisputed heavy weight champion of the world, and perhaps the greatest win ever in the most important fight on March 4th 1971, Joe Frazier is my idol.

Farwell my old friend, the final bell has rung.
      An excellent eulogy to share with this section. Im sure Joe is proud.

Comment

Rest in peace Smokin' Joe, you will be well remembered.

Comment

R.I.P. Joe Frazier

Comment

RIP.

if there's a heaven you know joe is back in his prime and has a couple tune ups scheduled before a big fight with another ATG

http://youtu.be/nnN60d3kaiw
            sorry i cant embed, but this is my favorite rendition of a terrific song sung by arguably the greatest living tenor with the death of pavarotti

that's placido domingo and yo yo ma (the cellist.)
            it's ted kennedy's funeral
            felt it appropriate. it's called panis angelicus.

love you guys
            take care
            peter

Comment

The list of living legends was already small. I'm gonna murder my bag today.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                A very sad day. Rest in peace champ.

^^^^ That moved me quite a bit. My condolences to you if you are family or close to Joe.
                Awesome GIF Nelson. Nobody could make Ali miss like that.

Comment

Rest in peace Joe you will be truly missed. Not only the best in fighting heavyweight one of the best of all times and a great man.
                  Last edited by RubenSonny; 11-08-2011, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Frazier was a beast. Huge inspiration especially living only an hour and a half away from philly. Norton took it to ali's brain with their tactical battles But Frazier straight up took Ali to hell and back in their thriller WAR! They need a statue in philly.

R.I.P Smokin Joe Frazier! The ****ing man.

Comment

R.I.P. Joe.

Top bloke!

Comment

Working...
                      X