No announcement yet.

Is B-Hop "Da greatest ****in champ of our era"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Princemanspopa View Post
    Oh yes,dragging De La Hoya down to 147,a weight he hadn't fought at in nearly a decade,clearly takes alot of balls.fighting the undisputed lightweight champion in David Diaz(who gave a prime Erik Morales the worst thrashing of his life)clearly takes alot of balls.

Demanding a catchweight fight with Cotto at 145 clearly does take alot of balls.Easy title defenses against the likes of Timothy bradley,Lamont Peterson and Devon Alexander,three young,fresh bla.........I mean hungry junior welterweights.........nah who needs em right?
    SLICK BLACK POWER!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
      ah..about that.

Roy in his prime suffered the same plague mayweather (and recently, Pacquiao) does. He beat his opponents so good that he made them look like amateurs, or old..slow..shot..ect. Hence, it was easy for people to downplay those opponents he sonned so badly.

And did they ever.
      Thank you for saying that... Green K coming to you asap.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
        ah..about that.

Roy in his prime suffered the same plague mayweather (and recently, Pacquiao) does. He beat his opponents so good that he made them look like amateurs, or old..slow..shot..ect. Hence, it was easy for people to downplay those opponents he sonned so badly.

And did they ever.
        Yeah I agree. Those guys were good but Roy made them look bad. It still doesn't change the fact that Roy didnt face the competition he should have faced. There where times when there were legitiment threats out there, and those fighters calling him out, only for Roy to be facing some garbage ass opponent.

He should have fought Calzaghe much ealier than he did as well as b-hop, micheleski (sp) and others but he didn't. He stayed at lightheavy and only once his career was coming to an end all of the sudden he:

1. Moves down somewhat to take on opponents
        2. Go to other opponents countries in an attempt to make fights
        3. Take risky fights.

never once did you say before a roy fight...I wonder who is gonna win. Early in his career via B-hop and Toney, but after that no. Gerald McClennon, Chris Eubank, Julian Jackson and other guys are all names that could have been on Roy's resume but aren't.
        Last edited by Khalid X; 10-31-2009, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Meth-TICAL View Post
          Fighting in an weight class with a massive void that Roy Jones left. 20 defences against mostly poor opposition and not even doing them in style. His biggest wins are against people who weren't even solidified in the middleweight division or even at light heavyweight (in pavlik's case). Most overrated champion.... Debuted and lost at light-heavy. Realised he'd take a beating there so drained down a weight class... . Everyone just bypasses things like this because he's stayed consistent in his old age.
          Bull****. If you can make the weight, you can fight wherever you want. The rules are the same for everyone. He's got the best resume of any active fighter today.

Comment

Originally posted by Princemanspopa View Post
            Oh yes,dragging De La Hoya down to 147,a weight he hadn't fought at in nearly a decade,clearly takes alot of balls.fighting the undisputed lightweight champion in David Diaz(who gave a prime Erik Morales the worst thrashing of his life)clearly takes alot of balls.

Demanding a catchweight fight with Cotto at 145 clearly does take alot of balls.Easy title defenses against the likes of Timothy bradley,Lamont Peterson and Devon Alexander,three young,fresh bla.........I mean hungry junior welterweights.........nah who needs em right?
            nate campbell is that you?

BTW...It is more difficult to go up 17lbs to face De La Hoya is harder to do than Oscar coming down 7 pounds (Diaz was a bs fight at 135 that really didnt prove much in my book).

The fact that a guy like Pac is even facing cotto says alot. All team pacquiao is asking cotto to do is come down a pound under his usually fighting weight of 146. If you're bitching about that...then I got nothing to say to ya.

Comment

Originally posted by da chosen 1 View Post
              **** no, you cant be serious
              **** yes , he is serious , better than that ***** you have in ur av

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
                Yeah I agree. Those guys werer good but Roy made them look bad. It still doesn't change the fact that Roy didnt face the competition he should have faced. There where times when there were legitiment threats out there, and those fighters calling him out, only for Roy to be facing some garbage ass opponent.

He should have fought Calzaghe much ealier than he did as well as b-hop, micheleski (sp) and others but he didn't. He stayed at lightheavy and only once his career was coming to an end all of the sudden he:

1. Moves down somewhat to take on opponents
                2. Go to other opponents countries in an attempt to make fights
                3. Take risky fights.

never once did you say before a roy fight...I wonder who is gonna win. Early in his career via B-hop and Toney, but after that no. Gerald McClennon, Chris Eubank, Julian Jackson and other guys are all names that could have been on Roy's resume but aren't.
                Julian Jackson was pretty old in Roy's prime. If Roy had taken that fight, and dominated him..they would have said as much.

Just for kicks, say Roy in his prime fought a Eubank. And dominated him. That would have made Eubank look worse. And we wouldn't be having the same dialogue now. Eubank would just be another bum that Roy beat with seemingly no effort, no?. Roy beat several undefeated fighters, at least half a dozen of them, including Toney when HE was undefeated...plus he has a lot of underrated victories..like the one over the throwback fighter Castro...

thats what you wanted back in his prime.. Whether he was going to win or not, in question. Thats what all fans of boxing seem to want of fighters. But roy was so on the next level at that point that that might have been asking the improbable.

Comment

he's greater than pretty girl floyd that's for sure

Comment

Hell To The No!!!

Comment

it comes down to him and roy jones imo. their legacys are both set in stone though, cant really gain or lose anything. floyd and pac can surpass them, but i doubt they will. pac needs to stop avoiding certain styles, and floyd needs a couple of more names.

Comment

Working...
                      X