Collapse
No announcement yet.

the old timers video thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excessive, non-stop clinching in the Darcy clip. I'd skip thirty seconds up...clinch. Skip another 30- another clinch.

Mickey Walker........there's a great, great fighter with a tremendous style

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
      Excessive, non-stop clinching in the Darcy clip. I'd skip thirty seconds up...clinch. Skip another 30- another clinch.

Jabs, it's me jack_the_rippuh.

You finally got your wish.

Tyson is done.

He was overrated.

You were right all along.

Comment

Originally posted by WITHOUT HAND View Post
        Jabs, it's me jack_the_rippuh.

You finally got your wish.

Tyson is done.

He was overrated.

You were right all along.
        Yes, and you were right about Hopkins-DeLaHoya.....it was really a great, great fight.

Comment

Jack,

Been a while, buddy. How have you been?

Did you and Anorak ever get together for some ****in', or what?

Comment

If there's clinching it's because they're badly hurt by Darcy and trying to hang on,.. you don't see the pain on their faces. It's not Darcy holding on, and if you pay closer attention you should notice that even though they're clinching, it does them no good as Darcy destroys any MW ever that goes into a clinch. Did you notice some of the body punches in there, lifting Clabby up off the canvas, he slaughters anyone on the inside. Plus there are only a few minutes worth of film there out of a career of well over 300 rounds. If I can get the full George Chip fight off my computer on to this thread, then you can have more say on it. The Chip fight is scrappy in parts, again nothing to do with Darcy, because George Chip fought with scant regard for the rules, very similar to Fullmer. I don't take offence to your post, but when you make short sharp statements in reply to my posts, you need to prepare for a debate,....... cause you'll certainly get one, at least you took the time to watch him, but just one last point, that fight with Clabby was the sixth fight in eight weeks for Darcy and HALF OF THEM WERE For The FULL """TWENTY ROUNDS""", I bet you overlooked that little tidbit........... more tidbits to follow.........

Comment

McG....

You see something superhuman in that clip that I don't. Tidbits won't change my view, and neither will a looong debate with you.

I respect your opinion and your passion, whether I agree with the opinion or not.

Comment

McG....

You see something superhuman in that clip that I don't. Tidbits won't change my view, and neither will a looong debate with you.

I respect your opinion and your passion, whether I agree with the opinion or not.
                Same here my friend, you are welcome to say things as you see it. I didn't intend to make him seem inhuman or anything as i doubt If Les would want it that way. I am referring to his brute strength, His resume and fight reports tell most of the story that the films don't. Tex Rickard and many others described Him as a smaller version of Jeffries, they do have similarities, but one thing stands out there,..... Darcy had had more than twice as many fights at age of death (21) than did Jeffries. Like Jeffries, Darcy was the greatest fighter at his weight of his time,....... do I really need to say more,...... do I even need to defend him further ??........ Ive got a thread devoted entirely to him if you ever want to visit it, I will be stating facts as much as they are known to us,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, By the time I've finished with it,..... EVERY KNOWN fact we know about Les Darcy will be contained HERE at Boxing scene........................... and don't go hard on me there as I'll just be relaying Other people's words,... except for the odd exclaimations I might make,................. and whenever I, OR yourself think that something sounds too good to be true,.................. I'll look for any conflicting evidence. I want to keep his name alive as much as I can internationally, and false claims won't do him any favours..................................... you are welcome to take me to task if I do...... now I can't be fairer than that,....... if only there was HD vision of him we wouldn't need this discussion..... McG.

Comment

Working...
                X