No announcement yet.

Matt Skelton: Chisora Is A Plonker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Skelton: Chisora Is A Plonker

Former world title challenger Matt Skelton has branded Derek Chisora a "plonker" ahead of their big clash at Wembley Arena on February 13. The domestic heavyweight showdown features on Frank Warren's huge Night of the Champions show live on Sky Sports. Chisora said he'd end Skelton's career when the fight - for the English heavyweight title - was announced before Christmas. But former English, British, Commonwealth and European champion Skelton has hit back at loud-mouthed Chisora, and says far from being a Del Boy, he's actually a bit of a plonker..

"All I hear from Chisora is that he's the future of the domestic heavyweight division," said Skelton.
    "Let's be honest though, who has he fought? He's got a decent win over Sam Sexton, but Sexton is still unproven, and apart from that there is no one of any note on his record.

"Fighting me is taking a massive step up in class, and I plan on taking him to school in February and making him look a bit of a plonker.

"I heard he's been driving around in a Robin Reliant like his hero Derek Trotter, but I'll make him look like one in the ring."

Skelton, who two years ago challenged Ruslan Chagaev for the WBA heavyweight title, vowed to knock out his young rival and send out a statement that, despite defeats in recent fights, he is far from finished.

"2009 wasn't a great year for me, I'll be the first to admit that," he said.

But I've got plenty left to offer. I'll do a job on Chisora and I'll do a job on Sexton if I get a chance against him.

"I also feel I've got unfinished business against Martin Rogan. I don't want to go out on a loss and I'll prove a lot of people wrong on February 13.

"Winning the English title back in 2003 opened doors for me. A lot of people said that I was a novice and would get found out against by Michael Holden, but I stopped him in six rounds and carried on upsetting the odds throughout my career."

Night of the Champions features the exciting heavyweight showdown between British heavyweight champion Danny Williams and Commonwealth champion Sam Sexton; Kevin Mitchell's WBO Intercontinental Lightweight title defence; Kell Brook's WBO Intercontinental Welterweight title challenge; Derek Chisora versus Matt Skelton for the Vacant English Heavyweight Championship; The Olympians James DeGale, Frankie Gavin and Billy Joe Saunders; plus hot prospects Vinny Mitchell and Liam, Michael and Ryan Walsh.

Tickets priced at £40, £50, £75, £100 and £150, are available from:

See Tickets
    0871 220 0260
    www.seetickets.com

Wembley Arena
    0844 815 0815
    www.wembleyarena.co.uk

Got my tickets, £44:95 each. Sweeeet.

Comment

he certainly is

Comment

Chisora is cocky twat, my opinion of dropped when he commented about the fine he got "it was only 2 grand I got fined". Aye ok then, some of us don't even make that a month.

Saying that though I think he will stop Skelton.

There is was one of those Walsh brothers (I think its Ryan) who's another cocky twat that i would like to see get a skelping to knock it out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
          Former world title challenger Matt Skelton has branded Derek Chisora a "plonker" ahead of their big clash at Wembley Arena on February 13. The domestic heavyweight showdown features on Frank Warren's huge Night of the Champions show live on Sky Sports. Chisora said he'd end Skelton's career when the fight - for the English heavyweight title - was announced before Christmas. But former English, British, Commonwealth and European champion Skelton has hit back at loud-mouthed Chisora, and says far from being a Del Boy, he's actually a bit of a plonker..

"All I hear from Chisora is that he's the future of the domestic heavyweight division," said Skelton.
          "Let's be honest though, who has he fought? He's got a decent win over Sam Sexton, but Sexton is still unproven, and apart from that there is no one of any note on his record.

"Fighting me is taking a massive step up in class, and I plan on taking him to school in February and making him look a bit of a plonker.

"I heard he's been driving around in a Robin Reliant like his hero Derek Trotter, but I'll make him look like one in the ring."

Skelton, who two years ago challenged Ruslan Chagaev for the WBA heavyweight title, vowed to knock out his young rival and send out a statement that, despite defeats in recent fights, he is far from finished.

"2009 wasn't a great year for me, I'll be the first to admit that," he said.

But I've got plenty left to offer. I'll do a job on Chisora and I'll do a job on Sexton if I get a chance against him.

"I also feel I've got unfinished business against Martin Rogan. I don't want to go out on a loss and I'll prove a lot of people wrong on February 13.

"Winning the English title back in 2003 opened doors for me. A lot of people said that I was a novice and would get found out against by Michael Holden, but I stopped him in six rounds and carried on upsetting the odds throughout my career."

Night of the Champions features the exciting heavyweight showdown between British heavyweight champion Danny Williams and Commonwealth champion Sam Sexton; Kevin Mitchell's WBO Intercontinental Lightweight title defence; Kell Brook's WBO Intercontinental Welterweight title challenge; Derek Chisora versus Matt Skelton for the Vacant English Heavyweight Championship; The Olympians James DeGale, Frankie Gavin and Billy Joe Saunders; plus hot prospects Vinny Mitchell and Liam, Michael and Ryan Walsh.

Tickets priced at £40, £50, £75, £100 and £150, are available from:

See Tickets
          0871 220 0260
          www.seetickets.com

Wembley Arena
          0844 815 0815
          www.wembleyarena.co.uk
          Skelton's ears will be boxed off.Chisora is a good fighter,just needs to sit on his shots a bit more

Comment

he is a plonker but he will probley KO skelton imo

Comment

Originally posted by Blairhoyle792 View Post
              Chisora is cocky twat, my opinion of dropped when he commented about the fine he got "it was only 2 grand I got fined". Aye ok then, some of us don't even make that a month.

Saying that though I think he will stop Skelton.

There is was one of those Walsh brothers (I think its Ryan) who's another cocky twat that i would like to see get a skelping to knock it out of him.
              he may have said only 2 grang, but it wasnt. he lost a british title fight which is 50 grand .. so he lost quite a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Kiid Dynamite View Post
                he may have said only 2 grang, but it wasnt. he lost a british title fight which is 50 grand .. so he lost quite a bit
                and he didnt care (or acted like he didnt) so plonker is putting it nicely.
                But he's probably the best HW british prospect from what i've seen. He should UD Skelton in a typical Skelton fight. (dirty, rough, not very good)

Comment

I cant stand Chisora he is a Grade A Twat!

On the fight - Old Bum vs Young Bum, other than my hate for Del Boy i couldnt give a **** what happens but as it goes Get in there Skelton!

Comment

Working...
                  X