Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the American officials be fair to Kovalev when he fights Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    Preparing excuses already...

dammit bro...you beat me to it

Comment

Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
      On one hand I feel people are looking to make excuses for why Kovalev loses this fight..Just my opinion but I think he dominates Kovalev no matter where they fight......

On second hand, and Im gonna admit first and foremost I have no real clue if it's true or not, but I think promoters are responsible for paying judges to swing fights in one fighters favor...I personally don't think anybody but Golden Boy paid a judge to pretend he thought Canelo won over Floyd....I personally don't think anybody but Arum paid to make sure Bradley won the first Pac fight and nobody but Kathy Duva made sure Adamek won after Cunningham thoroughly spanked him.....Even if the commission picks the judges, it wouldn't be hard to have a friend in the commission paid to hire judges who will play along....Arum once said the promoter is responsible for every aspect of a fight even down to how many plastic cups will be needed for drinks.....Like I said I have no real clue just my thoughts on shady judging...
      same way I feel, they gotta have those ready made excuses...did the same last year for manny vs floyd

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
        rewind to 2015 (WHAT REF WILL FLOYD PAY OFF TO BE IN HIS FAVOR VS PAC)
        ^^^^yup......those Pac fans jumped ship quick to Kovalev and GGG. Many are the same posters too

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          ^^^^yup......those Pac fans jumped ship quick to Kovalev and GGG. Many are the same posters too
          Yep, this is clearly a nervous post, they keep bringing up the 3 head butt fouls hes had in 30 fights as if its all he does to win too, and what are these stamina issues they keep bringing up? maybe I missed it and need to be filled in... does ward have stamina issues?

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
            Yep, this is clearly a nervous post, they keep bringing up the 3 head butt fouls hes had in 30 fights as if its all he does to win too, and what are these stamina issues they keep bringing up? maybe I missed it and need to be filled in... does ward have stamina issues?
            so a guy with 50% of his wins going the full route has stamina issues? bwahahahahahahahahaha

a guy who was dropped one time in his career,......ten years ago....is supposedly weak chinned.....though he hasn't been dropped or close to being stopped or seriously hurt since?

these fools be reaching

in his last 3 fights, there were hardly any clinches and a few butts, none were intentional

excuses are for losers

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              I'm 100% certain Kovalev would beat Ward in a fair fight.

But I think Ward knows it too, and may have James Prince bribe the officials. He'll need to cheat to win.
              ok if it a fair fight and Ward wins will you give him credit and say he the better fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Holystroke3 View Post
                People here are so scared Ward is going to win they're getting all the excuses ready ahead of time
                this much has been clear since he signed the contract with HBO...at first it was he will fight a gazillion tune ups (the 2 interim fights actually happened) after that it was " he will pull out with an injury to duck kov"....now that the fight is all but happening yet, they are showing their true colors

they are worried Kovalev will lose.....

Comment

I think the UK is worse than Germany, and I'd say Germany is not at all that bad the US is certainly the fairest place to get a shake, except for the Golden Boy cards. Haymon don't need pay judges, he just gets his men another shot. Main events I'm always a little concerned about after how they got a few favourable shakes for Goral.

All in all I'd say Kovalev doesn't need to worry with Duva behind him, do I think he will win ? No I do not. I see Ward winning on points.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSION1 (V1) View Post
                    ok if it a fair fight and Ward wins will you give him credit and say he the better fighter
                    Of course, if the referee and judges are fair and objective.

I'd also like to hear fair commentary from HBO, and read objective analysis after the fight from boxing journalists.

Comment

When Ward fought Froch it was a clear win for him. Two judges from the US had it 115-113 and the one Judge that got it right was the British one that had it 118-110.

Comment

Working...
                      X