• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is crawfords win over Gamboa = Canelo/Khan

The similarities:

-Both have weak chins
    -Both are fast as fk
    -Both are fighting a guy 1-2 weight classes bigger
    -Both fight balls to the wall when hurt.
    -Leaky defence.

Differences:
    -Gamboa had never been KOd, only dropped several times.

Naw Gamboa actually began at 130 then dropped to 126

Comment

Yh I think its quite a good comparison and the fight may well actually play out quite similar with Khan outboxing him early and being caught and broken down late.

Comment

Nope, try again

Comment

I think it is similar. The weight advantage was just too much for Gamboa. Crawford even at 140 is way bigger than these guys. Plus Gamboa hadnt fought for a year.

I see the similarities. Like Gamboa, Khan willl get KOd. I dont know if he will outbox Canelo like Gamboa did, lets see

Comment

In a sense.

Gamboa was outboxing Crawford comfortably, more skilled and much faster. The size difference did take hold though and turned it around.

In this fight, Canelo has the size advantage on top of being the better boxer. Khan only has the speed advantage and I don't think it will do him much good against Canelo.

Comment

it's worse because canelo would be a huge favourite over khan even if they were the same size. gamboa is better than crawford pound for pound and would've won if he were bigger

Comment

Misleading thread title. I thought you were comparing situations but you're thinking the fight will play out the same way.

That is possible. Khan starting the fight getting off first, in an out with short, quick combinations before Canelo adjusts, gets his timing down and starts landing counters.

Very possible the fight plays out that way.

Comment

Working...
                X