Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 06-27-2017, 12:40 PM #1
OK Jim...

Quoted: 1331 Post(s)
Chrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 760,265,607,670,477,610,811,392.00
Total Points: 760,265,607,670,477,610,811,392.00
No Message - Sake1 For Finishing 3rd in Season 4 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation Cheers buddy. - El-blanco Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Good to see you're still around champ, always been a top poster! - JK1700 
Default Eubank Jr : Groves / Abraham / May-Mcgregor

Eubank Jr: ĎIf George Groves gets in the ring with me, heís going to lose his beltí

After Abraham, Chris Eubank Jr has an opponent lined up for a spot on the Mayweather-McGregor undercard

AN all-British rivalry appeals to Chris Eubank Jr. With James DeGale currently recovering from an operation, he has set his sights on new WBA super-middleweight champion George Groves, who may have broken his jaw but is expected to be back in action later this year.

ďThat is the fight I want,Ē Eubank told Boxing News. ďThere were discussions. We tried to get a fight on ITV with Groves but he priced himself out of a deal. This was before he had his title though. So the fight didnít go ahead. Now heís got his title, heíll want more. Itís something thatís on my radar, itís something thatís on my hitlist.Ē

ďI want to make that fight. The public want to see that fight. Itís up to him,Ē he continued. ďIím sure he wants to keep his belt. If he gets the ring with me, heís going to lose it. Heís probably biding his time, heís trying to stall.

ďI sparred countless rounds with Groves at the beginning of my career so I know exactly what he is. Heís a solid fighter. I donít think heís the same fighter he was after the Froch fights. I think that took a little piece out of him, took something away from him, but heís still a very capable fighter. I think that both of our styles would make for a great, great fight.Ē

Eubankís immediate focus is a July 15 clash with Arthur Abraham at Wembley Arena in London, his biggest test at super-middleweight. ďItís going good. Everythingís on track. Iím feeling strong. Iím on weight already,Ē he said.

ďIím fighting bigger fighters than myself, naturally bigger anyway. These guys are coming down from 14, 13 stone but I donít have to go through the draining process of cutting weight. Thatís a pro. These guys are bigger than me but in my opinion boxingís all about speed. I know Iíve got a chin. I know I can take a shot. I think heís going to go in there and rely on a knockout. Rely on big punches to try and get me out of there. Iím not worried about that tactic because I know I can take a shot. I know I have a good defence and I know for every one punch that he throws Iím going to be throwing four, five, six shots. So if you look at it from that point of view, he canít beat me.

ďThis is the type of fight where I can do whatever I want. I can go with whatever strategy I feel is best in the moment. I can go to war with him and I can outpunch him and I can outbox him. Itís up to me, itís up to how I feel on the night. What I feel will be the best strategy. I guess you guys are just going to have to wait and see.Ē

After that his sights are set on a place on the Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor undercard on August 26 in Las Vegas. ďItís the biggest fight in the world, possibly ever. Every fighter on the planetís trying to get on that bill. Obviously Iíve got July 15 but as long as I come away with that with no real injuries then 100% looking to get on that,Ē Eubank Jr said. ďMayweather has a fighter called JíLeon Love, a super-middleweight. Iím sure they want to get him on that bill.Ē

When it comes to the August 26 main event, Eubank does not rate McGregorís chance. ďI think heís way in over his head. I think that itís going to be very one-sided. But I think itís going to be a great event, a great spectacle, a great night of boxing. Itís going to be massive. Iíll be there. Maybe it will even top the atmosphere that was created when Mayweather fought Pacquiao, maybe even bigger than that. Crazy to think that was two of the worldís best boxers, this is one of the worldís best boxers against a guy who hasnít boxed. So itís kind of surreal,Ē he said.

ďFloyd has done everything he can possibly do at this point. Heís paid his dues. Heís earned the respect of the boxing fraternity. Heís known worldwide for his achievements. He canít do anymore. So now he fights for money. Heís Money Mayweather, the Money Team. Everybody knows this. So you canít be offended by him taking the biggest money fight out there for him. Heís paid his dues so I guess heís earned the right to now make money and making money is what this fight is all about. Itís not a legacy fight, heís not going to get loads of respect for fighting Conor and people wonít say that was amazing if he beats him, when he beats him. People expect him to win. Itís not about legacy. Itís about money. Same with Conor. I would be surprised if he truly believes that heís going to beat Floyd. Deep down. Of course, heís going to say heís going to go out there and do what he has to do, heís going to win, he has to say that. But if you really think about it, without having any boxing matches, how could you really believe that youíre going to beat Floyd. When the best boxers in the world havenít been able to do that. Is he that confident? Is he that egotistical to believe that he can do it? I hope so. I hope he is. Because then maybe he has a chance. I hope he really does believe he can do it, then itís going to be a better fight. If he goes in there knowing heís going to lose, then itís going to be embarrassing. Every fighter needs that belief going into a fight. For it to have any chance of being a good fight they have to believe they can win.Ē
Chrismart is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-27-2017, 12:48 PM #2
Hittin' the heavy bag.

Quoted: 10666 Post(s)
Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,685,168,565,890,370,560.00
Total Points: 3,715,168,565,890,173,440.00
Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas and All The Best for 2015 - Freedom. Buy another heavy bag, dog. - punchr Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - stephenmc 
Cheers to a great poster - Sergey Kovalev Even though I often disagree with you, I still enjoy reading your posts.  Here's a beer. - j0zef sit on this, man. it will relax you. best wishes, punchr - punchr No Message - Scott. Weiland Great post, man. - anthonydavid11 
Red's all about quality! - BoxingFan85 No Message - Scott. Weiland Peace out, brother, I was just clowning around. - !! Anorak Happy Easter and sh*t. - DionysusX Cheers! - anthonydavid11 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder LOL - Tony Trick-Pony 

I'd love to see Eubank vs Groves. Granted, Chris has nearly thrown away what could have been a good career, and Groves has not been the same since Froch, I'm still interested in this.
Redd Foxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:10 PM #3
OK Jim...

Quoted: 1331 Post(s)
Chrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 760,265,607,670,477,610,811,392.00
Total Points: 760,265,607,670,477,610,811,392.00
No Message - Sake1 For Finishing 3rd in Season 4 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation Cheers buddy. - El-blanco Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Good to see you're still around champ, always been a top poster! - JK1700 

A little bit more from Eubank Jr :

IN the early days of his professional career, Chris Eubank Jr sparred with British boxingís elite super-middleweights, James DeGale and George Groves, experiences that contribute to his thinking as he throws out challenges to potential opponents now.

ďI only sparred DeGale once, I had my way with him pretty much all the time all eight rounds. Groves, it was always very competitive,Ē Eubank told Boxing News. ďBut a lot of the time I would come out on top, in my opinion. Iím sure he would probably say the same thing. Thatís how I see it.Ē

He also recalled sparring Carl Froch, one the leading boxers in the division who twice defeated George Groves. ďYou saw the sparring with Froch. Very strong. Thereís moments when heís easy to hit but thatís always been his style. Heís not a defensive fighter. Heís a power puncher and a war-monger. I learned a lot from sparring these guys. It was a great experience for me early on in my career,Ē Eubank said.

ďI learned that I was a world class fighter. I already knew. That was kind of like a reassurance I can go in there and spar one of the best fighters at the time and more than hold my own. I was sparring him at one point with one hand. I hurt my left hand so I couldnít use my left hand. I went in there anyway and did six rounds. I did that twice with just my right hand. I held my own. I caught him with shots, worked on defence.

ďHe was surprised that I actually decided to continue with one hand. I was hungry to learn and hungry to compete and hungry to get better.Ē
Chrismart is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
abraham, eubank, groves, may-mcgregor

User Tag List