Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eubank Jr. Wants NO Excuses From Critics After Golovkin Loses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
    Easier said than done. Eubank jr has huge holes in his defense...he's more of an offensive fighter. Which would be the wrong way to approach defeating GGG. The plan is out there on how to beat GGG...the problem is who is capable of employing it. If Eubank is truly intent on trading with GGG, his chin will be tested...because, I gotta tell you, GGG has a strong chin too. Timing beats speed, accuracy beats power. If Eubank jr believes he has this perfect plan, then he'd better hope that he puts in some good work in camp. Eubank Jr. is too wild with his punching for me to believe that he's ready to take down the MW king. And the lack of defense makes me fear an early stoppage. If you want to beat GGG, you have to get him off of his aggression...to me, Eubank jr's style will probably encourage that aggression. I'm not giving Eubank jr too much of a shot here.
    I say Eubank's flaw is his offense not his defense. But as I said before RJJ was a reckless offensive fighter regardless of that work rate, he had power in both hands he'd take a dude regardless. Eubank is good at blocking jabs, and Saunders is a crafty boxer with the jab range. Eubank likes to duck defensively on wild hooks. We've seen Lemieux and Murray duck many on incoming frantic hooks by Lil'G. This is why I say, hard work and dedication coming with that A game can change the course. This is what Pernell did to Chavez.

I agree that Lil'G is the favorite to win by power alone. Judah was winning the rounds against Tszyu but got sloppy on the retreat and got up too quickly with that blood rish.

Proper training wins fights. Wade came in bony as hell and the.most shady training camp. He was the alternative mandatory but the footage and shape he was in during camp and skillset was garbage.

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
      I say Eubank's flaw is his offense not his defense. But as I said before RJJ was a reckless offensive fighter regardless of that work rate, he had power in both hands he'd take a dude regardless. Eubank is good at blocking jabs, and Saunders is a crafty boxer with the jab range. Eubank likes to duck defensively on wild hooks. We've seen Lemieux and Murray duck many on incoming frantic hooks by Lil'G. This is why I say, hard work and dedication coming with that A game can change the course. This is what Pernell did to Chavez.

I agree that Lil'G is the favorite to win by power alone. Judah was winning the rounds against Tszyu but got sloppy on the retreat and got up too quickly with that blood rish.

Proper training wins fights. Wade came in bony as hell and the.most shady training camp. He was the alternative mandatory but the footage and shape he was in during camp and skillset was garbage.
      Fair enough. Eubank jr can let his fists back his talk...if he can, that is

Comment

• Eubank Jr fight is off?

Comment

It's hard to take you serious when all the boxing fans on this site see something different. You literally would have to create a MW frankenstein from scratch in order to beat GGG. The boxer would need a granite chin...the boxer would need power in both hands...the boxer would need defense...the boxer would have to be trained to defend against pressure & shifting...the boxer would have to have the stamina to go 12 rds with him...the boxer would need a strong inside game, etc.

It's obvious that not all MW's have all these characteristics, & can maintain all those characteristics at a world level. You're seeing something that not all the pros see...which is troubling, because the world-level boxers & trainers are certain GGG is not an easy out. What's your excuse?
          Canelo has everything you just listed up there

Comment

• Yeah,he ducked Jr

Comment

• Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
              Canelo has everything you just listed up there
              Yet he still ducked the fight...

Comment

Yet he still ducked the fight...
                True but reports are they will fight September 16, 2017 and Canelo will fight @ 157 on December 17, 2016 and will fight @ 160 on Cinco De Mayo 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by b0x
                  Yeah, but that's a fringe-British-level fighter punching Eubank like that. Golovkin would be like a train collision in comparison. And he would land more often too.
                  Well yeah... I didn't think I needed to add that!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ce1ska View Post
                    That stupid reason might be GGG's power, foot work etc... But nah, it's easier to just blame the boxer rather than credit the opponent.

That's some expert advice there, if only his corner would have given him that advice it would have been an entirely different outcome.
                    You're oversimplifying. You know full well boxers don't listen to their corner. That's the reason Bradley lost to Manny twice.

And a side note: the corner doesn't always get it right. Case-in-point: Floyd Sr., who basically wanted his son to get knocked out.

Originally posted by Graz View Post
                    The reason Monroe kept backing up was because GGG made him back up. He's a master at cutting off the ring. He hunts his opponents down and methodically gives them a beating. When he's ready to get them out of there he ends the fight. IMHO many of his fights are training exercises and "presents for the fans." He took some big shots from Monroe and Stevens and walked right through them. Eubanks is talented but we'll have to wait and see if he can handle the level GGG brings to the game. Kudos to him if he can but after watching both fighters you'd have to be delusional to think Eubanks Jr has even a remote chance of stopping let alone hurting GGG. Looking forward to this one.
                    I agree - GGG is a bully. Which is why the only way to beat him is to not allow that to happen. I don't want to hear that's impossible - since that's exactly how Calzaghe schooled Lacy. It CAN happen.

I'm not going to sit here and claim Eubank is getting any kind of stoppage or KO. That's unrealistic. I've been consistent from day one: decision only and even then, only if the right Eubank shows up. Otherwise he's in for a ROUGH night.

Originally posted by b0x
                    I will go and take a look at the fight again. But I will say this, when I watched it Golovkin looked in control from round 1 until the end. Monroe did move about a bit but it wasn't looking at any point like he was in control. He landed a few when GGG stuck his head out, that's about all I could give him. Opponents keep going to the ropes because GGG forces them there. He cuts off the ring too well for people to dance their way to the 12th.
                    I've seen plenty of GGG all the way back to the three guys that took him "the distance" (meaning 8 round matches), and I've seen these videos. That's exactly my point.

Everyone says "they go to the ropes because GGG forces them there" - That doesn't explain someone like Floyd who managed to get off the ropes whenever he felt like being in the middle by rolling and sliding to his left. He did it constantly against Canelo. Canelo was able to catch Khan so it's not a simple matter of being able to cut off the ring.

What I saw from every opponent G has been in the ring with, is that they try to rope-a-dope him like Ali did Foreman because of his power and a belief that he will gas himself out. Why that will never work is simple: G doesn't throw unless he feels he will connect. He won't gas off of punches. He gases off of footwork (The Murray fight). He stays in close so that he doesn't have to exert leg movement and he keeps his head and neck positioned slightly down and forward to negate punch impact. He takes openings and capitalizes.

Stylistically this means, guys like Eubank *should* cause all sorts of problems as far as gassing. What is uncertain is whether Eubank has the power to do anything beyond outworking and staying on the move.

I'd be REALLY interested to see someone like Terrence Crawford go against Golovkin, though such a fight is 100% unlikely.

It's too bad Darnell Boone is a sparring partner for Golovkin, because that'd be a barn burner too.
                    Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 07-03-2016, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post

Eubank Jr fight is off?
                      #SimplyTheBest

Comment

Working...
                      X