Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the IBF sanction Spence/Ocampo but not GGG/Vanes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to that site Ricky Burns vs Njecag is a -10000 - +1600 fight.

Comment

is funny cause these idiots are still talking about the wade fight on a daily basis as proof of ggg being a cherry picker (despite jacob and canelo being 2 of his last 3 opponents) but when it comes to ocampo who is just as bad its 'mandatory doe' yeah fair enough its mandatory but so was wade you bunch of absolute ****ing morons.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

ocampo has been competing at welterweight and didnt have a layoff of almost 2 years

vanes never fought about 154 lbs and was almost off for 2 years
        what you facepalming for you clown. vanes has fought at a FAR higher level than ocampos. many thought he beat charlo, and he dropped andrade in a split decision and gave lara a hard fight. you guys are embarassing trying to demote him to a fighter of the level of ocampos, who has literally fought noone. theres hundreds of bums who have competed at the same weight for 2 years, since when was that justification for someone being a good opponent.

Comment

The WBC, WBO, WBA and IBF do whatever they want and explain nothing to anybody. Jacobs will probably beat the 12 pro fight wonder and become the new IBF world middleweight champion. Very few will recognize Jacobs or the Russian as champion. Most will continue to recognize GGG as the true middleweight champion until a middleweight beats him or he retires.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            Vanes had 0 fights at 160, lost his last fight, was 3-3 in his last 6 and hadnt fought in 2 years
            who cares if he had 0 fights at 160, its 6 pounds diffeernce ffs, thats nothing. do you suddenly forget about everything else if someone moves up a few pounds? he was never an elite fighter but he gave charlo, lara and andrade (who he dropped) tough fights. quit making out hes some scrub cause ggg beat him, grow up man.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
              who cares if he had 0 fights at 160, its 6 pounds diffeernce ffs, thats nothing. do you suddenly forget about everything else if someone moves up a few pounds? he was never an elite fighter but he gave charlo, lara and andrade (who he dropped) tough fights. quit making out hes some scrub cause ggg beat him, grow up man.
              And he was ggs easiest knockout since wade lol. IT was a disgusting mismatch yet you defend it to death. Get his balls out your mouth

The best thing you can say about vanes is he dropped Andrade 5 years ago lmao

Comment

Lets be honest we dont know who Ocampo is. He could knock Errol spark out and we would all be completely shocked. Since we don't know who he is, but do know Errol is the truth we will just assume Spence beats him from pillar to post with arrogance because we are probably right! Yes Spence will knock this Ocampo clean out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                  The IBF cares.

He also agreed to an IBF eliminator and his opponent ducked the fight, which is how he got the mandatory position.

The IBF keeps it moving. If people aren't lining up to face Spence, someone is going to get the shot. Ocampo was the best guy willing to step up. Not his fault Konstantin Ponomarev ducked the eliminator.
                  First let me say props should be given to Ocampos for signing up to what should be a kamikaze suicide mission . But a fighter who’s whole resume consists of fighting between the 150-1100 ranked WW doesn’t deserve a world title shot

I’m aware that Ponomarev ducked Ocampos and if I recall a Spence fight also

But while the IBF is a stickler for following their rules it comes at a detriment to their belt , brand and their pockets

The fact they follow their rules to the T is probably one of the reasons that most established names more often then not lean towards getting ranked by the other organizations WBC /WBA because they give the names a little bit of wiggle room

And usually the IBF has the least accomplished / no name fighters in their rankings compared to the other 2 . Because while it’s great that a guy like Spence or Brook will get a eventual shot because they abide by their rules , The lack of established names fighting for the strap the Mando can be a guy just gaming the system iwho is there to get Body bagged . The Wades , Ocampos , No hope Dans , Bizier and hasn’t proven they can compete at that level

All the belts are f.ucked in way or another and none are perfect

The WBC caters to established names
                  The WBA hands out belts like Halloween candy
                  The WBO seems to be controlled by Arum /Warren or HBO affiliates
                  The IBF follows their rules even when it doesn’t make sense

I don’t even know why I’m writing this to you , it’s obvious I’m just a dumb opinionated fan and however many people are behind this user names knows the in outs and in betweens of all the sanctioning organizations and probably forgotten between the 3 of you more about the sport then I’ll ever know

My original post is that I just hold more weight in a inactive fighter (Vanes ) that has proven he could at least compete at the highest level against the best then a guy who’s
                  Entire resume is filled with guys who aren’t even in the top 150 in the entire world at their weight class

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                  one guy competes at 154 (didnt fight for 2 years)

compared to a guy

that competes at 160 lbs (has been an active fighter & is the mandatory)

whether you like it or not derevyanchenko is the better fighter at this point in time to fight for a mw title since hes been fighting at mw and hasnt had a 2 year lay off

DOES NOT MATTER who he has fought before Tureano johnson because with that win he got himself the mando for the IBF
                  Yes Devrechenko was a better fight but Golovkin also had a Canelo fight to consider a giant life changing payday

Devrechenko is a threat but is no name with no buzz and fights on undercards

Like I said I hold more weight for anfighter that Vanes who has proven he could compete against the best then a guy who’s never beaten a top 150 fighter

Maybe I’m wrong

Comment

Thank you for not being biased to certain fighters

Thia figut is just as big of a mismatch

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
                      is funny cause these idiots are still talking about the wade fight on a daily basis as proof of ggg being a cherry picker (despite jacob and canelo being 2 of his last 3 opponents) but when it comes to ocampo who is just as bad its 'mandatory doe' yeah fair enough its mandatory but so was wade you bunch of absolute ****ing morons.
                      Who said this was a good fight?? show me one person who said that

Comment

Working...
                      X