Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin haters, what do you think of GGG's amateur career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    amateur careers dont count on here unless its to talk about wards olympic gold medal and wilders bronze medal as proof of their greatness.

funny cos it's true.

who cares what race baiting fanboys think anyway tho?

Not quite sure why maxi, you, or whoever else is on a lifelong mission to try and convince them about anything, i just stick em on ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
      funny thing is no one even talks about their amateur careers on here at all
      That's not true...ward being a gold medalist and having not lost since he was a kid has been brought up plenty of times. It's just not as noticeable when it's a fighter you support. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it btw...it's just irrelevant when discussing professional accomplishments.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
        That's not true...ward being a gold medalist and having not lost since he was a kid has been brought up plenty of times. It's just not as noticeable when it's a fighter you support. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it btw...it's just irrelevant when discussing professional accomplishments.
        I've heard the Andre Ward hasn't lost since he was 12, but check out his page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_AI...ing_Tournament
        It shows that Ward got a silver medal in the Light Heavyweight class. Can someone explain what this means, did he lose or was there no final? It doesn't take away from his great boxing career but it does make me question the claim of being undefeated since 12.

Comment

It's undeniably a good record. Wish he steps up as a pro though.

Comment

Originally posted by World Champion? View Post
            I've heard the Andre Ward hasn't lost since he was 12, but check out his page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_AI...ing_Tournament
            It shows that Ward got a silver medal in the Light Heavyweight class. Can someone explain what this means, did he lose or was there no final? It doesn't take away from his great boxing career but it does make me question the claim of being undefeated since 12.
            It says the top 2 from each division qualify. Not sure how they signify gold vs silver if both guys won their matches.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
              He's obviously one of the best middleweight amateurs of all time but that won't help him against Jacobs.
              Yeah his incredible amateur record is a huge millstone around his neck holding him back from improving and Jacobs is going to win based solely on his granite jaw. LOL
              Last edited by TonyGe; 03-10-2017, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Who gives a **** what trolls think? There are plenty of decent posters on NSB to discuss boxing with.

Comment

I think it is a bit hard to discuss amateur records properly. I haven't always been able to find much out about fighter's amateur records.

I know that Loma has a 396-1 record, and that he is considered to have the best amateur record of all time. But the only aspects of his amateur career which really mean anything to me are his WC and Olympic victories - there just isn't enough context for more analysis.

From what I know of GGG's amateur career, it was extremely good.

I think it is interesting that the GGG haters won't even consider the question. What this means, at the deepest levels, is that they aren't boxing fans.
                  When you lose objectivity to the point that you refuse to even answer a question in case you accidentally give a fighter some credit - then you aren't a boxing fan.

Comment

I agree with everything said above. Amateur level is just that...Amateur. Professional is what ultimately counts.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                      That's completely true.
                      In every 24/7, or previa before his fights you can see that comment; i mean it also appeared in the creed movie, lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X