Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the worst one-sided massacre in the History of boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anorak will love this nod:

Vitali vs danny williams. that fight was gross by the end.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
      How was it a massacre? If anything, it was domination.
      I called it a massacre because he beat the crap out of him, tagging him like he was "it", he couldn’t miss a punch. Also the punch variety he was hitting him with was just plain ridiculous, it just looked pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        Trinidad vs Joppy comes to mind, Joppy figured Tito was the smaller guy coming up and he was just going to bully him and was totally unprepared for Tito's power.
        If anyone was shocked at Tito's power it was Vargas.
        He had so much arrogance and pride coming into that fight, the smirk on his face wouldnt go away until he got dropped, he took his soul that night, it took almost all the way to that last round of the fight for him to try to get his composure back

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
          In recent memory I think Mosley-Margarito was the worst. Shane was murdering him from the opening bell and is really the only guy to ever actually hurt Margarito.

I also agree with the poster above on Toney-Barkley. There were actually quite a few Toney fights like that where he just beat the **** out of guys in a way that made you feel sorry for them.

I also think Buster Douglas - Mike Tyson was an epic ass kicking. The judges were out to rob Douglas so the scored don't reflect it but when I've scored the fight I have never given Tyson a round except for the KD round which I score 10-9 Tyson.

If you watch that one Douglas drops so many vicious right hands on Tyson it's not even funny. Douglas' jab was also like a hammer and he was throwing uppercuts, hooks and the kitchen sink at Tyson. The amount of punishment Tyson took is something that often goes overlooked when discussing his career after that fight.
          Funny story about that fight, I bet my grandpa and I bet on Tyson ofcourse thinking I was about to win some easy money, and he gets KO'd, grandpa took my money and didnt give it back...
          People were literally yelling in the streets "Tyson got knocked out..." it was crazy.

Comment

The first one I can think of was Calzaghe vs Lacy. I thought that fight was going to be a great fight but it wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
              The last time I remember really feeling bad for a guy? Fill in the blank

Danny Williams vs ________________.
              That was just embarrassing, he was falling all over the place like he'd been drinking before the fight...

Comment

Frazier vs Foreman

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                  Dempsey Willard comes to mind
                  beat me to it, that is by far about as bad as it can get, like 3 broken ribs, a few teeth knocked out, broken nose, broken cheek bone and both eyes almost closed. That with what was it, 6 knock downs? For even back then its hard to think jack didnt do some time for putting it on jess like that lol if some of you havent seen that beating i think its time you check up on it

Comment

At the highest level it's without doubt Frazier vs Foreman. I was just coming here to post that, good call Kid D

Comment

Foreman v Fraizer.
                      Tyson v Spinks.

Comment

Working...
                      X