Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Greatest Comic Book Character of All Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phook View Post
    Im not a geek but I like batman because he is a badass but a good guy
    He is a superhero without super power
    he is smart
    he doesnt kill
    Very few superheroes actually kill. I'm not sure why. Police officers kill. Now I don't think they should kill everyone who pisses them off but come on. The fucking Joker needs to die.

Comment

Greatest is probably Superman. Marvel has sold more than DC though, Marvel is more diverse and mainstream.

Comment

Frank Castle .

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
          Greatest is probably Superman. Marvel has sold more than DC though, Marvel is more diverse and mainstream.
          Most iconic, sure, but would you say he's the best character?

Comment

Best, no. But in terms of greatness like the title asks, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
              Most iconic, sure, but would you say he's the best character?
              best character is a toss-up between batman and spiderman for me..

but i give a slight edge to batman..

Comment

If you a-holes are talking about invincibility it's clearly Clark Kent.

That isn't even open for debate.

1 versus everyone in the comic book universe stands no chance unless they're holding something made of kryptonite.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by RwK View Post
                  If you a-holes are talking about invincibility it's clearly Clark Kent.

That isn't even open for debate.

1 versus everyone in the comic book universe stands no chance unless they're holding something made of kryptonite.
                  That's explicitly not what I asked for.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
                    Best, no. But in terms of greatness like the title asks, yes.

I just meant in terms of depth of characterization and history. Superman works better in a team setting as a leader where he can face off against those world-ending threats, rather than just crushing guys who are unrealistic against him. Some of his villains have the right theme (using his power against him) like Luthor, Metallo and Parasite, but too many just try to fight him straight up. It's dumb. Characterization > icon status and raw power.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                      That's explicitly not what I asked for.
                      That's why I think a distraught vietnam spec ops vet who's family was murdered by gangsters and then decides to wipe out everyone single handedly with no superpowers is the king of the god - damn ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X