• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now on substance.

Comment

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post
        I agree with what I think your trying to get out.

Its not our political system that is ruining our country, its the culture of our politicians and how they are elected in my opinion. They are all the same and will all back the laws that their big money donors put on their plate. So a oil company helps you get elected, you have to push for offshore drilling now to keep your party happy and wealthy for the next election. This isnt whats in the best interest of us.
        Actually, to be perfectly honest stuies of Congress have shown this to not be true in actual roll call voting. The place where support for those who donate money has been linked more towards speeches supporting particular cause OR votes on amendments (which plays a moderate role). However, in terms of role call voting, in the current Congress it is clear that Congresspeople are voting more along party-line than along the money trail. Not that there aren't issues with the political system, and even campaign funding, but still this is one scenario where the data does not show undying loyalty to donors

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
          The more I see of this guy, the more I like him. He has a BS in mathematics and a masters in computer science from Purdue. Former CEO of Godfather's Pizza.

And older vid of him and Clinton

Adding him to my list of potential Republican nominees for president in 2012. In no particular order

Paul Ryan
          Bobby Jindal
          Rick Santorum
          Herman Cain
          Tim Pawlenty
          Mike Pence

Candidates that I would support, but aren't too excited about

Mitch Daniels
          John Bolton
          Mitt Romney
          Michelle Bachman
          Chris Christie

I would've accepted Newt Gingrich, but no longer. And am happy to see Donald Trump end the charade and Mike Huckabee announce he's not running.
          Gotta love a man who comes into an argument prepared and respectful.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
            I don't blame people for voting for Obama. He was young, charismatic, the economy was crappy and he was running against a corpse. But after two and a half years of this inexperienced, naive ideologue it's painfully obvious he doesn't have the slightest clue how to run a country (successfully anyway.)

As for WladtheYugoslavianmidget, using Bernie Sanders to slander Herman Cain. Just to get people to vote for 180 year old Ron Paul.

Comment

The Al Sharpton of the Republican party.

Can anyone vouch for his pizza's?

Are they the bomb or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                The more I see of this guy, the more I like him. He has a BS in mathematics and a masters in computer science from Purdue. Former CEO of Godfather's Pizza.
                I think it's great to see you finally reach across party lines and support a democrat thus proving that you are not automatically partisan and in fact you are motivated more by the content of a man's policies than which convention he attends.

And older vid of him and Clinton

Adding him to my list of potential Republican nominees for president in 2012. In no particular order

Paul Ryan
                Bobby Jindal
                Rick Santorum
                Herman Cain
                Tim Pawlenty
                Mike Pence

Candidates that I would support, but aren't too excited about

Mitch Daniels
                John Bolton
                Mitt Romney
                Michelle Bachman
                Chris Christie

I would've accepted Newt Gingrich, but no longer. And am happy to see Donald Trump end the charade and Mike Huckabee announce he's not running.
                Oh... he's another repubican.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  Oh... he's another repubican.
                  Which means he would never be of interest (other than to smear, like Bachman or Palin) to a totally non-partisan "centrist" like yourself, eh kiddo?

Obviously Obama is the nominee for the Dems in 2012, I think it's perfectly reasonable to start looking for an alternative (considering the state of the economy and our debt crisis) don't you think?

Comment

Jim, why don't you like Ron Paul?

If he was British and stood for election over here I'd vote for him.

I don't know if we have better politicians than you or worse. To be honest I think John McCain would made a better prime minster/president than David Cameron, but that might not be saying much.

Comment

Working...
                    X