No announcement yet.

Source says mayweather standing firm on demand for more money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source says mayweather standing firm on demand for more money

“It’s not just the blood testing now. Floyd has done double the buys as Pacquiao, even against the same opponents, so Floyd is saying to himself, ‘Why should I do 50/50?’ The fans are going to turn on Floyd,” remarked a reliable source with behind-the-scenes knowledge of contract negotiations. Of course, it should come as no surprise that Mayweather is looking at the numbers and having second thoughts about the 50/50 purse split that was originally agreed upon prior to negotiations falling through over the blood testing issues. After all, prior to his bout with Shane Mosley, Mayweather made it clear that if the fight did big pay-per-view numbers, the original financial terms would have to be reassessed. Mayweather’s May 1 bout with Mosley did roughly 1.4 million pay-per-view buys, nearly double the number of buys that Pacquiao’s bout with Joshua Clottey did in March.

Now, the latest rumors regarding negotiations are that Mayweather is indeed standing firm on his demands for more money. Although his actions fall in line with what he said prior to his showdown with Mosley, the timing of the revelation certainly looks bad in the eyes of many fans, especially considering that Pacquiao has now agreed to a 14-day cutoff for blood testing. Combine that with the fact that USADA blood testing procedures stopped 18 days prior to Mayweather vs. Mosley and it certainly looks like Mayweather is giving fans a reason to turn on him. So I want to know from any Mayweather fans out there, have you turned on Floyd due to his new demands for more money? Pacquiao fans need not reply as I’m pretty sure of where you stand on the subject, but what say you Mayweather fans? Is the bigger issue the blood or the money?

now its quite clear that floyd needs money...not the cleaner sport...or another excuses maybe>?...what a joke

If your a bigger draw you deserve more money. It doesn't look bad if you understand the business.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
      If your a bigger draw you deserve more money. It doesn't look bad if you understand the business.
      both of them are bigger draws...why not just 60/40 and winner takes 60 loser 40...

Comment

Originally posted by crack_head25 View Post
        both of them are bigger draws...why not just 60/40 and winner takes 60 loser 40...
        Mayweather is a bigger draw than Manny.

Comment

PPV wise Floyd is a bigger draw then manny, it should be 55-45 to floyd which i think would be fair.

Comment

“It’s not just the blood testing now. Floyd has done double the buys as Pacquiao, even against the same opponents, so Floyd is saying to himself, ‘Why should I do 50/50?’ The fans are going to turn on Floyd,” remarked a reliable source with behind-the-scenes knowledge of contract negotiations. Of course, it should come as no surprise that Mayweather is looking at the numbers and having second thoughts about the 50/50 purse split that was originally agreed upon prior to negotiations falling through over the blood testing issues. After all, prior to his bout with Shane Mosley, Mayweather made it clear that if the fight did big pay-per-view numbers, the original financial terms would have to be reassessed. Mayweather’s May 1 bout with Mosley did roughly 1.4 million pay-per-view buys, nearly double the number of buys that Pacquiao’s bout with Joshua Clottey did in March.

Now, the latest rumors regarding negotiations are that Mayweather is indeed standing firm on his demands for more money. Although his actions fall in line with what he said prior to his showdown with Mosley, the timing of the revelation certainly looks bad in the eyes of many fans, especially considering that Pacquiao has now agreed to a 14-day cutoff for blood testing. Combine that with the fact that USADA blood testing procedures stopped 18 days prior to Mayweather vs. Mosley and it certainly looks like Mayweather is giving fans a reason to turn on him. So I want to know from any Mayweather fans out there, have you turned on Floyd due to his new demands for more money? Pacquiao fans need not reply as I’m pretty sure of where you stand on the subject, but what say you Mayweather fans? Is the bigger issue the blood or the money?

now its quite clear that floyd needs money...not the cleaner sport...or another excuses maybe>?...what a joke

Floyd fans won't turn on him for that...........Pac fans want to tell everyone that Pac is a bigger draw than Mayweather..........based on what?????? Out of 3 tries with the same opponents he hasn't outdrawn Mayweather once........Mayweather outdrew Pac vs Cotto with SSM as B side....Cotto is a far bigger draw than Shane......otherwise why would his last PPV have been with Cotto......??? Cotto vs Marg = PPV, SSM vs Marg = no PPV.....and you would have to go back years before the Cotto fight to the previous SSM PPV.........he was on ESPN for years before Cotto fight...........these are just facts.....they cannot be refuted.......

He has the numbers to back up his claim for a bigger share of the pie.....i would view camp Pacquaio insistence on a 50/50 split as hard headed..........and ultimately if they don't budge from a 50% share i would view it as them not wanting the fight..........they are well aware that they are no longer negotiationg from a position of power...........this is why they keep running their mouths in the media and also why Pac is willing to come to 14 days.........the same 14 days his fans claimed was too close to the fight and unacceptable........well Pac has done a backflip and all his fans have followed.........14 days is now miraculously ok........

The bottom line is this...........Pac turned down a 50/50 split, a 14 day cut-off, a 10 million dollar penalty, 8oz gloves and a standard ring to fight Floyd in March......and now he is willing to take that same deal????? That right there should tell you who has the upper hand in negotiations........they got outflanked and will now have to accept less money and possibly a shorter or no cut-off for OST..........

Comment

Like I said before (to quote Floyd), there will be no fight between Manny and Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Undroppable View Post
                PPV wise Floyd is a bigger draw then manny, it should be 55-45 to floyd which i think would be fair.
                his a bigger draw coz he trashed talked his opponents? damn how i wish manny trashed talk everyone to be a bigger draw...fml!!

Comment

forget about this being PAc and Floyd.....think of it as any 2 other boxers.......or better yet put yourself in Floyd's shoes..........your last 4 PPV's (3 of them with common opponents) have outsold your rivals last 4 PPV's.......why should you accomodate.......???

Comment

Floyd is obviously the bigger draw

Nobody can argue that Pacquiao is a bigger draw than Floyd

Comment

Working...
                    X