Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you think Froch would do if he rematched his last 3 opponents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Froch has learned a lot from those fights. He has gotten better. The same cannot be said with the same conviction about the others.

Translation: Froch beats them all inside the distance.
    What the hell. Froch did not look better at all the last time he fought. Also he is lucky Taylor has a glass jaw on top of 8 round stamina.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Froch has learned a lot from those fights. He has gotten better. The same cannot be said with the same conviction about the others.

Translation: Froch beats them all inside the distance.
      I disagree Bat. Froch has looked the same in each of his last three fights; I don't see much if any improvement between the Pascal and Dirrell fights. He's proven again and again that when someone wants to hit him, he's there to be hit. He's proven again and again that he lacks the reflexes and defense to cope with superior speed.

The only thing that's gotten him the wins are a pretty sturdy chin and an incredible desire to survive. He has not shown that he has greater overall boxing ability than his opponents, only a greater ability to take their best and edge out a victory whenever they ease off the gas pedal. And I still don't know how he got the decision against Dirrell, but no need to re-hash that.

If I didn't know any better I'd think you were just trying to hype Froch up since he's Kessler's next opponent. But you're above that kind of bias, right?

Comment

Originally posted by dstew View Post
        I disagree Bat. Froch has looked the same in each of his last three fights; I don't see much if any improvement between the Pascal and Dirrell fights. He's proven again and again that when someone wants to hit him, he's there to be hit. He's proven again and again that he lacks the reflexes and defense to cope with superior speed.

The only thing that's gotten him the wins are a pretty sturdy chin and an incredible desire to survive. He has not shown that he has greater overall boxing ability than his opponents, only a greater ability to take their best and edge out a victory whenever they ease off the gas pedal. And I still don't know how he got the decision against Dirrell, but no need to re-hash that.

If I didn't know any better I'd think you were just trying to hype Froch up since he's Kessler's next opponent. But you're above that kind of bias, right?
        Hahaha.

I'd like to say I am. Believe me when I say I didn't think about that fight when I made my post. It's not like the fight needs hyping here on a boxingforum anyway. Those who like the fighters will watch and those who don't will say that either Kessler was not the VIKING but rather the WOUNDED warrior or everybody knew beforehand that Froch was *****e. It's so predictable. I know who the good posters are and whose opinions to respect.

I don't care as far as the concensus on boxingscene is concerned. In my mind and where I live that fight is big and I look forward to it a lot and if Kessler wins it you bet that I'll be saying that HE'S BACK and ready to spank Android 'the GOAT' Ward in a rematch.

BTW I believe that if Taylor has anything left in the tank he upsets Ward.

Comment

Working...
        X