No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins: Michael Vick Should Replace Donovan McNabb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernard Hopkins: Michael Vick Should Replace Donovan McNabb

Philadelphia boxing champion Bernard Hopkins was on Howard Eskin's show on 610-WIP playing his favorite sport, not boxing, bashing Donovan McNabb.

You couldn't help but take his criticism seriously until he came up with the guy he thought should be McNabb's replacement, Michael Vick. Yes, that Michael Vick, who might be the most unpopular person in the country.

Yes, that Michael Vick, who was the quarterback for playoff teams whom the Eagles have beaten. The Michael Vick, who acted like he didn't want to play in a playoff game because it was too cold.

Not even McNabb's harshest critics believe Vick should replace him.

Quite a bit was revealed during the conversation and I have give Howard a lot of credit for pulling the truth out.

After all of these years of criticizing McNabb, the true reason for Hopkins' hate of the Eagles quarterback came out.

McNabb didn't acknowledge him when he came to one of the team's practices. I don't know what was going on and what happened but Hopkins didn't like the fact that McNabb didn't come over and bow down to him.

On the other hand, somebody told Terrell Owens, who Hopkins was, and he came over and made a big deal out of Hopkins.

Here's how Hopkins described the incident.

"When I did go to the NovaCare Center with my team, was he like everybody else? Like the rest of the players? Was he giving us respect, giving everybody respect, my trainer, myself and all that, just coming over, sign this, sign that or whatever? No, he sort of ran into a little room and locked the door and came out every now and then to peak his head out to see if we left yet," Hopkins said. "But that just tells you he's not a social guy."

"When a guy is uncomfortable that the light is not actually on him, then you have some people that can't take it," he continued. "And look, the bottom line is if you want the light to be on you, you gotta do what champions do. You win, you win, you win, you win and you win the big one."

I personally think it has a lot to do with the fact that McNabb is the most talked about athlete here in Philly and Hopkins doesn't get the respect he deserves as a boxing champion.

It's not McNabb's fault that boxing is a sport from the past. He didn't destroy the sport like boxing promoters Don King and Bob Arum did.

http://www.gcobb.com/index.php?optio...=3668&Itemid=1

Bernard just doesnt like McNabb.

Comment

naw man..McNabb is a TOP 5 QB in the league and has been for several years...if anything Vick can learn patience and pocket prescence from McNabb

Comment

lol that last couple paragraphs are ******ed. Hopkins just doesn't think McNabb can win it all with the Eagles and he certainly isn't alone in that.

Comment

Lol he hates McNabb. He called him soft before too.

Comment

Surprised this is in NSB.

Comment

I want to like Hopkins. I really do. But he thinks he's so much smarter than he is, and it really pisses me off.

You got one of the highest boxing IQ's in history...stick to what you know, cause you don't know **** about football.

Comment

lol.. i live in philly.. and the fans here are ******ed.. they hate Mcnabb at the begining of the season untill he helps them get into the playoffs(which is damn bear every year) then they turn face and say Donovan is a God amongts men.. Like jimmy Rollins said.. Philly fans are frontrunners.. he speaks the truth!

Comment

I completely agree with Bernard. I have Vick on my Fantasty Football Team.

Before you get too confused as to why, understand that my team is named The Detroit Lions, and consists of only The Detroit Lions....and Michael Vick.

Go Lions!

Comment

Originally posted by freeloada View Post
                    lol.. i live in philly.. and the fans here are ******ed.. they hate Mcnabb at the begining of the season untill he helps them get into the playoffs(which is damn bear every year) then they turn face and say Donovan is a God amongts men.. Like jimmy Rollins said.. Philly fans are frontrunners.. he speaks the truth!
                    you buggin'.......the EAGLES fans are the most LOYAL of ALL the Philly sport fans!!.....EVERY QB the Eagles ever had got a hard time from the fans......Jaworski, Randall Cunningham, or Ty Detmer........it doesnt matter!!!......the Eagles fans hold the QB responsible for wins and losses!!!......frontrunners?!? .......don't think so!!!

B.Hop should fall back and leave "FIVE" alone.......I respect BOTH athletes alot!!

Comment

Working...
                    X