No announcement yet.

How is Calzaghe great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Merseysideblood View Post
    Calzaghe is the number 1 super middleweight of all time. It's not just his fault that he didn't get to fight prime Roy or Bhop.

yeah it was Frank Warrens fault

Comment

Originally posted by xfiles View Post
      Can one base a claim to all-time greatness on a ho-hum decision over a 43-year-old Bernard Hopkins and a convincing win over Mikkel Kessler, who's claim to fame is losing to Calzaghe? Probably not.
      well hes greater than you are and 99% of ppl what have u and the rest of the ppl who badmouth him achived let me think............................................. ............................................
      .................................................. .............................................
      .................................................. ............................................. oh yeah nothing

Comment

They deserve to be ahead of Calzaghe because they would both wipe the floor with him when they were in that weight division,
        just like jeff lacy was ment to and everyone else who calzaghe stepped up and beat roy jones dosent just forget how to box cos hes older slow down yeah but not forget and joe made him look like a ****ing idiot and im a big roy jones fan he was beaten well and calzaghe dosent get any real credit for beating an old jones even he knows that

Comment

Originally posted by Danny nolan View Post
          just like jeff lacy was ment to and everyone else who calzaghe stepped up and beat roy jones dosent just forget how to box cos hes older slow down yeah but not forget and joe made him look like a ****ing idiot and im a big roy jones fan he was beaten well and calzaghe dosent get any real credit for beating an old jones even he knows that
          Let it go. Jeff Lacy turned out to be horrible. So what, it happens. Get over it.

Comment

calzaghe is a sure HOF... even if u think his quality of opposition suffers...

c'mon quick... can u name a genuine super middleweight who had done better in this weight class?

if u honestly struggled to name one, thats calzaghe's greatness right there...

Comment

Let it go. Jeff Lacy turned out to be horrible. So what, it happens. Get over it.
              Its funny how public perception of Lacy changed so dramatically, eh?

Before the fight, its "he's the new Tyson" and "he's going to kill Joe". After his beating though, "he was never that good".

Well he sure looked good before he fought Joe. Any possibility that being embarassed by Joe so badly took a lot out of him as a fighter? No, the common belief these days seems to be: he couldn't have been that good. He lost every round against Joe Calzaghe.

Some people will never give any credit.

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                calzaghe is a sure HOF... even if u think his quality of opposition suffers...

c'mon quick... can u name a genuine super middleweight who had done better in this weight class?

if u honestly struggled to name one, thats calzaghe's greatness right there...

The problem most of the haters have is they don't give credit for good fighters, only great ones. Unless most names on your resume are ATGs you'll always get some ****.

Absolute nonsense.

Comment

I don't know what a "Hater" is.

But i dno't hate Joe, he maybe a nice guy, but his boxing record is what i personally question. It is good, but no where near as good as people make out to be

Comment

Originally posted by minion View Post
                    I don't know what a "Hater" is.

But i dno't hate Joe, he maybe a nice guy, but his boxing record is what i personally question. It is good, but no where near as good as people make out to be
                    No serious, objective boxing fan will try and convince you that Calzaghe has a better resume than Muhammad Ali. He has a good resume: some solid names, some very good names. It could have been better, but it certainly wasn't as if Joe was offered a handful of mega-fights which he turned down. On this forum his resume gets underrated more than overrated.

Comment

He is great,but then again so is the amount of boring spam you have posted on this topic.

Comment

Working...
                      X