No announcement yet.

New to amateur boxing! Help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to amateur boxing! Help

Hey guys im going onto 16 in 4 months but im quite a big guy for 15 at 6'4 and 200lb on a empty belly. With about 15% body and relatively strong and fit. But i was wondering how long it would take for me before i start sparring or even competeing (im from ontario) ive always been a solid fighter and have done a excessive amount of research and vixeo watching... what kinda fighter do you think id follow? Any tips or anything extra i shoukd know? I feel like im too tall it may be a disadvantage (i play other sports such as football, basketball, rugby, wrestling

Originally posted by Mitchmcbride View Post
    Hey guys im going onto 16 in 4 months but im quite a big guy for 15 at 6'4 and 200lb on a empty belly. With about 15% body and relatively strong and fit. But i was wondering how long it would take for me before i start sparring or even competeing (im from ontario) ive always been a solid fighter and have done a excessive amount of research and vixeo watching... what kinda fighter do you think id follow? Any tips or anything extra i shoukd know? I feel like im too tall it may be a disadvantage (i play other sports such as football, basketball, rugby, wrestling
    Train about 3 months than ask the coach to let you do a round than go to 2 rounds than keep progressing from there. Most amateurs usually only spar 3 to 6 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchmcbride View Post
      What weight class are you shooting for? At 15 you will only get bigger, so I assume heavyweight will be your home sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        What weight class are you shooting for? At 15 you will only get bigger, so I assume heavyweight will be your home sooner than later.
        Ya itll have to be heavy weight ill be competeing against other 15-16 year olds tho

Comment

Working...
        X