Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Adrien Broner a elite, good, mediocre or a bad fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    mike tyson is a hall of famer and was one of the very best fighters on the planet in his teens and early 20's
    Definitely. I should have put "great" in front of champion, even though I do think he was still an all time great for a short time.

Comment

I always thought Broner was way overrated
      When he started imo he did not make that big of a splash actually a couple of drops max
      He never evolved looked promising but never made it to the next level(whether it's trainer or training)
      And let's remember one thing very important in my eyes : this was Garcia's first fight at 140
      Will only get better

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        what talent? when he was a big puncher and had a great chin against featherweights? what are you basing that assumption on other than hype? i'm basing my evaluation of broner based on a comprehensive look at his CV.

he is a 140-147 lber. just look at him when he weighed in last week. making 140 is not easy for him! he is not small!

the amount of excuses made for this guy is just too much for me. just face it, he was hype. good fighter, nowhere near a great one. and certainly not a 130 lber or 135 lber as you seem to think he is.
        I am basing it on what I have seen in his fights. If you don't agree he has talent, so be it.

Broner could still be at 135/140 IMO Had he chose to work hard between fights like Bhop or Hagler. I think he might still be undefeated. We will never know.

I voted good. you just said he was good. why are you quoting me and arguing if we see him the same way?

Comment

Based on your poll, Broner is in between that good category you posted and the mediocre category.

He's in between those two categories.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Mikey is being praised for what he did to Broner, but in the same sentence by the same posters, Broner is a bad fighter.

Should fighters get praise for what they do to bad/mediocre fighters?

For the record, I do think Broner is above average (good) and I give Mikey Garcia credit for the way he easily handled him, he showed he's elite and he showed Broner, while above average, just isn't on that level of elite. But I don't think Broner is mediocre, or even a bad fighter like a lot of people say.

I just find it bizarre that people want it both ways. They want to say how great Mikey is for winning, but they also want to say how bad of a fighter Broner is...like almost taking the credit away right back from Mikey.
            Hes sadly proven himself over the years to be a bum. A bum with heart though who really wasnt afraid or ducked anyone. He thought he was Floyd but Floyd had amazing foot work, reflexes and smarts in the ring. He knows how to take weapons away and Broner just can't.

Hes made a lot of money and will continue to do so as gate keeper who at this point is just hoping for a lucky KO win over some prospect or top guy. Or maybe move up in weight and try to surprise some people. I dont know but hes not that good at anything really. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
              A solid fighter, but far from p4p quality.

Mikey on the other hand is legit. Broner looked focused, made weight and then some & clearly tried to make a fight of it but fell well short because he isn't elite like Mikey.
              Broner looked like ****. But I wasnt impressed with Mikey Garcia either. Looked "straight up and down no special effects". A solid, fundementally sound boxer. But hes nothing special and I damn sure wouldnt call him elite. The Broner he fought was a horrible fighter. Shouldve looked beter imo.

Comment

Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post
                Hes sadly proven himself over the years to be a bum. A bum with heart though who really wasnt afraid or ducked anyone. He thought he was Floyd but Floyd had amazing foot work, reflexes and smarts in the ring. He knows how to take weapons away and Broner just can't.

Hes made a lot of money and will continue to do so as gate keeper who at this point is just hoping for a lucky KO win over some prospect or top guy. Or maybe move up in weight and try to surprise some people. I dont know but hes not that good at anything really. Sad.
                The hell happened to you? You left the MLB league without saying anything.

Comment

it's hard to win boxing matches throwing a very limited amount of punches per round, specially if your defense is not as good as you think it is, i think he could do better with another trainer, he's got heart and draws people but i don't think he is all there mentally for boxing

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    The hell happened to you? You left the MLB league without saying anything.
                    Its in the football thread.

Comment

Broner loss to Maidana, Garcia, and Porter. So honestly his best win is Antonio DeMarco and that says a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X