Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who was NOT impressed by Lomachenko's performance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
    You probably dont understand what you are watching.

Im no fan of Lomachenko but he came back from an 8 months of layoff after shoulder operation. He jumped right in without taking a tuneup.

Loma all but dominated Pedraza..
    Pedraza is a tuneup

Comment

Originally posted by PunchMeIDareYou View Post
      He had an inexperienced, nervous fighter in front of him all night long and looked very amateurish enroute to a decision. I do not see what the hype is all about. ��
      From what I've seen it was his worst performance to date, but if you really want to know what the hype is about just watch Linares, GRJ, Walters, Martinez and Sosa fights where he was at his best

Comment

Pedraza didn’t throw anything meaningful the entire fight, he was there to survive 12 rounds.

Comment

I think as a boxing fan you should always be impressed when a guy wins a fight that became tougher than expected in such clear fashion. This is the type of fight that shows how great he is, not beating a blown up Rigo.

Comment

Comment

He didn't do enough body punching.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadet Bonespurs View Post
                Pedraza didn’t throw anything meaningful the entire fight, he was there to survive 12 rounds.
                Pedraza never ran. He used head movement just like Loma does which made it difficult for Loma to land consistently on him. Loma should have targeted his body to slow down all that upper body movement.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                  From what I've seen it was his worst performance to date, but if you really want to know what the hype is about just watch Linares, GRJ, Walters, Martinez and Sosa fights where he was at his best
                  I disagree. He got a hit a lot more vs Linares than he did against Pedraza. Martinez and Sosa aren't on Pedraza's level skill wise. Obviously he's not going to be as dominant fighting naturally bigger guys. He's small for the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by G G G View Post
                    Pedraza is a tuneup
                    Finally common sense in this thread.

Tank got no credit for beating Pedraza, now that he fights Loma it's different. He's this great top 5 fighter.

Also, people are influenced by commentators, they see what's happening in a fight but let commentators tell them it's a shut out and they believe it.

I believe Loma is clearly the most skilled pro boxer in the world, but 135 is not his ideal weight class, these guys are just too big for him to dominate.

I still will say he deserves props for continually jumping up in weight and prior to moving up he was nearly flawless as a boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                      I disagree. He got a hit a lot more vs Linares than he did against Pedraza. Martinez and Sosa aren't on Pedraza's level skill wise. Obviously he's not going to be as dominant fighting naturally bigger guys. He's small for the weight.
                      Disagree with what? That all these performances were better than Pedraza?

He got hit more against Linares because Linares is a way better fighter and that fight as a whole was way more skilled. You want to see Lomachenko in a competitive skilled fight where he overcomes size disadvantage and everything, you go with Linares fight

You go with Sosa and Martinez fights if you want to see Lomachenko absolutely dominating decent level of opposition and if you want to see variety of his offense

What's the reason of watching Pedraza fight if you want to see the best of Loma other than 11th round?

Comment

Working...
                      X