Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The myth of Canelo and GGG, are they really that good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo fought a bunch of nobodies at 147, moved up to 154 and lost to Mayweather and Lara, but got a gift decision against Lara. He didn't look amazing against Cotto, and got outworked by GGG at 160. I think Canelo is good, but overrated. I also think that he could be sus at 160.

GGG looked amazing against C-B level fighters. It didn't help that Sanchez and Loeffler memed everyone with "154-168 ez fomi." Moving on, once he started fighting top level opposition, he started looking sus. His chin looked a little sus against Brook, and he struggled more against Jacobs and Canelo, than I expected him to. I agree with whoever said that GGG was overrated until he faced Jacobs. Honestly, I think GGG is the best middleweight right now, but he should consider retiring soon. At 35 years of age, it's only a matter of time before your body can't take anymore punishment.

Comment

I was reading this thread thinking "eh, I disagree, but you have some points."

Then I came to this:
      P4P list, I don't see how Canelo or GGG ranks higher than Spence
      Nope, just nope.

Comment

2 excellent fighters

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
          Just to give you an idea. GGG would be favorite over anyone from 154-168. Canelo would also.
          This has a lot to do with 168 being HORRIBLE too

Comment

Originally posted by Slicc View Post
            Canelo fought a bunch of nobodies at 147, moved up to 154 and lost to Mayweather and Lara, but got a gift decision against Lara. He didn't look amazing against Cotto, and got outworked by GGG at 160. I think Canelo is good, but overrated. I also think that he could be sus at 160.

GGG looked amazing against C-B level fighters. It didn't help that Sanchez and Loeffler memed everyone with "154-168 ez fomi." Moving on, once he started fighting top level opposition, he started looking sus. His chin looked a little sus against Brook, and he struggled more against Jacobs and Canelo, than I expected him to. I agree with whoever said that GGG was overrated until he faced Jacobs. Honestly, I think GGG is the best middleweight right now, but he should consider retiring soon. At 35 years of age, it's only a matter of time before your body can't take anymore punishment.
            My only issue are those who think Gennady is Top 3 PFP. He is a 1 weight class fighter who barely got by Jacobs and drew with JMW Canelo.

That's not impressive.

By contrast TC and Loma have battered everyone they've fought. Yes Salido dirtied Loma, but that had as much to do with Laurence Cole as it did Salido or Loma.

Loma and TC are #1 and #2 on ANY respectable list.

#3 is either AJ or Rungvisai

#4 and #5 can start to look at Canelo, Kovalev, Gennady, Mikey, etc.

Comment

Working...
            X