No announcement yet.

Froch a warrior? haha

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    There are boundaries in the U.S., state boundaries.
    Even then, most people find it hard to give a crap for boxers in their own state. Support is mostly local, unless you're a huge star. And Ward is not a huge star in any sense. The US is way too damn diverse to feel kinship with another place in the US that's 3000 miles away. The comparison with the UK is not valid at all.

There's a reason why Hopkins can draw 10k paying customers in the eastcoast, but could barely get 1k in Los Angeles.

Originally posted by RockyB View Post
    Exactly. When people claim it's not a hometown advantage when an american fights in the US just not in his hometown I just laugh, that's just what it is, laughable.
    Do you know what "town" means?

"A town is a human settlement larger than a village but smaller than a city"

Comment

Ward was scared of Bute for god's sakes. Of course Froch is a warrior.

Comment

thread is started by the same sort of guy who tweeted abuse at Froch and then ran off scared ****less when Froch replied saying he was coming down to visit the guys gym next week so they could talk about it face to face then.

Comment

You make some good points there. I think Froch is indeed a warrior. There is no doubt about that. However he is pretty obvious about wanting the hometown advantage in a rematch with Ward. He thinks because he holds two title belts and is far more popular than Ward he can make Ward fight him in England. He wants the advantage of not traveling. He wants the advantage of having the crowd cheer at every punch he throws. He wants the advantage of an English referee looking out for the English hero. He wants the advantage of judges that will probably give the close rounds to him. Everybody saw the first Ward-Froch fight and they know it was scored fairly and Ward beat him quite easily. Ward may have to take less money fighting someone else instead of Froch but almost everyone considers Ward a better fighter than Froch and that won't change until Froch beats him in a rematch if he can. If Froch wants to get out from under Ward's shadow he has to beat him so I think Froch needs the rematch and Ward does not need the rematch for anything more than a good payday. I don't think Ward will go to England to fight Froch so maybe the two of them should fight in a neutral country like Canada, Germany or Mexico.

Comment

Froch is a REAL spartan...don't get it twisted...he just knows he can't beat Ward ...thats all!!

Comment

Working...
            X