Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Manager on Training With Buddy McGirt For Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    Great move if he listens
    If he listens ???
    Come on Shadow, if Kov has shown us anything, it’s that he’s hearing impaired.

Comment

I hope Kovalev wins. There are going to be a lot of posters here who will have to eat their words.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
        Correct, rooting for Kov doesn’t make u a racist, but on the same token, hiring another Black coach doesn’t absolve u from being a racist either.

Kov now has a track record of racist remarks and behavior. So him rehiring a Black coach isn’t surprising considering it was a Black coach who got him to the pinnacle of his acclaim in the first place (David Jackson/Don Johnson)
        How the phuk you can call someone a racist if you hire a trainer of color to train you.
        So Ali was a racist? he called white boxer a honkey and cracker, Tyson and Hopkins is a racist as well calling out white boys? Yes!

Comment

Buddy is a lazy **** who sits on his ass all day. Terrible choice.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            I hope Kovalev wins. There are going to be a lot of posters here who will have to eat their words.
            I do to! Nothing funnier than seeing grown men cry.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
              If he listens ???
              Come on Shadow, if Kov has shown us anything, it’s that he’s hearing impaired.
              Then he'll probably get TKO'd again! Dude got heart. He kept getting up unlike Quitting Rig. and Walters...

Alvarez is no joke! I expect another Good fight. The ones you dont see are the ones that put you on your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by MrShakeAndBake View Post
                How the phuk you can call someone a racist if you hire a trainer of color to train you.
                So Ali was a racist? he called white boxer a honkey and cracker, Tyson and Hopkins is a racist as well calling out white boys? Yes!
                In more recent times, let's not forget Anthony Joshua calling black people the superior race. Sad state we live in.

Comment

Boxers Writer Association named Buddy trainer of the year in 2002. That was good because there were a lot of good trainers around that year. And he has trained all of these fighters below. Like the article said, it should help Foldalev IF she listens.

Notable Fighters as Head Trainer:
                  Lamon Brewster
                  Nate Campbell
                  Joel Casamayor
                  Vernon Forrest
                  Arturo Gatti
                  Paul Malignaggi
                  Hasim Rahman
                  Antonio Tarver

Comment

Unfortunately, this will be the end for Kovalev. He is mentally weak at this stage while Alvarez is strong and confident. Buddy McGgirt can't do nothing for him. Kovalev quits after this fight. His loss to Ward has scarred his soul. He knows he can be beaten. He is no longer the Krusher. Kovalev reminds me of Mike Tyson who was a bully as long as you let him but when faced with adversity he started to crumble. Alvarez KO 5 Kovalev.

It's funny how Kovalev told ward before their rematch that he was going to 'end his career'. I guess he was referring to himself.

Comment

Originally posted by minemax View Post
                      Actually, that trainer (Abror Tursunpulatov, http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Abror_Tursunpulatov) blamed himself for the loss against Alvarez, so, I guess, it was by mutual consent.
                      Who else can he blame. He is not exactly going to come out and say it was Kovalev fault

Comment

Working...
                      X