Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Shaved Loads Of ****ing Time Off My Run...!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
    Good workout. The time shouldn't matter much though, except for the HIIT part, where the rest intervals would have to be a set distance or time.
    Well I only started last week, and that is something that I am working on shortening dramatically. I currently do 2 lamposts jog 1 lampost sprint, but when I reach even better fitness it will be 1:1 on jogs/sprints.

Lets not get it twised though, I can easily do 3x2 rounds since I do more than that when I sparr anyway, and at a very high workrate against experienced boxers, but when it comes to the runs a different sort of stamina is tested I find.

The time matters to me because it shows that cardiovascular gains are being made. Whereas before it felt physically impossible to get under the times I was doing, I am now shaving whole minutes off it and thus making progress. I also find it is a good way to motivate myself to do even better everytime. When it comes to my runs I never go backwards. My times are always getting faster. I sense, now though, that I wont be making gains of 3 minutes at a time because that is massive in running terms and I have only just shaken off the rust which is why I improved so quickly (1 week). From this point onwards I feel that it will be 30 second gains etc. Also the time matters to me because anyone can run 4 miles with a little bit of sprinting. It's all about the pace you go and in amateurs if you are running 4 miles in record times then you will also be able to sustain this in a bout. I guess what im saying is, decreasing the time it takes to cover the same distance can never be bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Exige Jr View Post
      Well I only started last week, and that is something that I am working on shortening dramatically. I currently do 2 lamposts jog 1 lampost sprint, but when I reach even better fitness it will be 1:1 on jogs/sprints.

Lets not get it twised though, I can easily do 3x2 rounds since I do more than that when I sparr anyway, and at a very high workrate against experienced boxers, but when it comes to the runs a different sort of stamina is tested I find.

The time matters to me because it shows that cardiovascular gains are being made. Whereas before it felt physically impossible to get under the times I was doing, I am now shaving whole minutes off it and thus making progress. I also find it is a good way to motivate myself to do even better everytime. When it comes to my runs I never go backwards. My times are always getting faster. I sense, now though, that I wont be making gains of 3 minutes at a time because that is massive in running terms and I have only just shaken off the rust which is why I improved so quickly (1 week). From this point onwards I feel that it will be 30 second gains etc. Also the time matters to me because anyone can run 4 miles with a little bit of sprinting. It's all about the pace you go and in amateurs if you are running 4 miles in record times then you will also be able to sustain this in a bout. I guess what im saying is, decreasing the time it takes to cover the same distance can never be bad.
      I see what you're saying, and I do agree. My point was only that including a warmup, and the jog intervals, which are more or less supposed to be rest, is less than optimal. Worrying about beating a time, during a warmup is definitely a wrong mindset, and jogging from one post to the next might have to be done slower, if you're giving more of your self on the sprints than usual.
      Conversely, you could actually do the sprints SLOWER and do the rest faster, and get a better time. So basically going for a total time can confuse the issue a little. Do you want optimal effort on your sprints or a low total time? They don't necessarily go hand in hand. See what I'm saying?

Comment

I see what you're saying, and I do agree. My point was only that including a warmup, and the jog intervals, which are more or less supposed to be rest, is less than optimal. Worrying about beating a time, during a warmup is definitely a wrong mindset, and jogging from one post to the next might have to be done slower, if you're giving more of your self on the sprints than usual.
        Conversely, you could actually do the sprints SLOWER and do the rest faster, and get a better time. So basically going for a total time can confuse the issue a little. Do you want optimal effort on your sprints or a low total time? They don't necessarily go hand in hand. See what I'm saying?
        Ah yes, but no I dont go out of my way to beat my time. I have ran for different clubs in my time also and I know that if you dont pace yourself then you will end up with a lower average time no matter how fast you think you are going in the first mile or so. So yeah, I always pace myself and make sure that im making the most of my HIIT training. With that said I guess I could slow down even more at the beginning to get even more out of my sprint sessions. Perhaps if I go slow for that first mile then I might even be able to achieve 1:1 (Jog/Sprints) right now... Worth a thought, I might try that next time out, which will be Friday probably.

Comment

I bet you'd shave more time off of that run if I was chasing you. Or maybe you would stop and drop me with that incredible right hand that Ive heard you speak of. Ha ha...................Rockin'

Comment

when i run i like timing myself.it seems as the more i improve the better i get. its a great accomplisment

Comment

Ah yes, but no I dont go out of my way to beat my time. I have ran for different clubs in my time also and I know that if you dont pace yourself then you will end up with a lower average time no matter how fast you think you are going in the first mile or so. So yeah, I always pace myself and make sure that im making the most of my HIIT training. With that said I guess I could slow down even more at the beginning to get even more out of my sprint sessions. Perhaps if I go slow for that first mile then I might even be able to achieve 1:1 (Jog/Sprints) right now... Worth a thought, I might try that next time out, which will be Friday probably.
              Why don't you just time yourself during each sprint? That way the warm up, cool down, and rests aren't part of the time. Plus you can see how much you are slowing down from the first one to the last.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                I bet you'd shave more time off of that run if I was chasing you. Or maybe you would stop and drop me with that incredible right hand that Ive heard you speak of. Ha ha...................Rockin'
                Still bitter? Hahahahah.

You don't even understand how bad you look when you continually make posts like this one. Keep it up "champ".

Cockin'

Comment

Originally posted by LoftyDog View Post
                  Why don't you just time yourself during each sprint? That way the warm up, cool down, and rests aren't part of the time. Plus you can see how much you are slowing down from the first one to the last.
                  If you read the thread, we already had this discussion.

Comment

If you read the thread, we already had this discussion.
                    Yeah, to summarise, I wanna time the whole run not just 1 mile of it. To me the aerobic part is just as important as the anaerobic part. I pride myself on both and thus feel proud when I do something like this, take 3 minutes off the total run time.

Comment

Still bitter? Hahahahah.

You don't even understand how bad you look when you continually make posts like this one. Keep it up "champ".

Cockin'
                      I would not call it bitter. More like a comment about your deadly right hand, as you like to portray it and your immense super human talents.

Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                      X