Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tonight, Juan Manuel Marquez solidified his ATG status.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    BigStereoType's reasoning on making predictions;

The Mexican will win.

Just playing.
    How'd my secret get out? I spent YEARS developing that formula!

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      watched the fight for the third time.

marquez should have a UD over manny in the most lopsided fight of the series. if you really want to stretch things you can call it a draw. you have to really want to stretch things.

as with good portions of the first two fights, marquez was controlling the rounds. of course in those fights collectively marquez hit the canvas four times.
      those were close fights. you cant really claim robbery in a close fight. scoring is subjective. that's just how it's gotta be.

glen trowbdridge scored 116 - 112 for manny in the third fight.
      how the hell do you turn out that scorecard sitting with your damn arms on the ring apron? are you literally blind? is your house decked out in manny pacquiao **** and phillipino flags (which is fine, if you arent a judge)

or the more likely:
      are you influenced by the money directly or indirectly?

how much money did you get directly? (unlikely, certainly, but stranger things have happened in boxing.)
      or did you judge in top ranks favor to gain their favor later on down the line.

glen trowbridge judges lots of big fights
      you hear buffer and lennon jr call his name out all the time

shady business, guys.

i've actually heard a good deal of references to the robbery in the non boxing media, however. they're often comical. it's nice to see marquez getting his name dropped period. the man deserves it.

marquez is definitely a monster, but manny reverted to patterns he had established in the first two fights, particularly II
      he made a few changes, did manny, but certainly not enough for somebody like marquez. juan diaz made better adjustments against marquez (he looked to box and counter some.)

i thought manny would use his legs more. they looked to be the best in the sport against de la hoya. certainly not the most technical, but the most talented footwork in the game.
      we saw shades of it against marquez in the third fight, but he wasnt able to sustain it.
      cant say for sure, mostly because of how good he looked against margarito in terms of footwork, but i'd say manny's legs are showing their age.
      i agree the third was the closest fight of thr trilogy
      i gave 1,3,6,9,10,11,12 to pacquiao
      in your opinion, what round there do you say is definitely not a pacquiao round?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
        i agree the third was the closest fight of thr trilogy
        i gave 1,3,6,9,10,11,12 to pacquiao
        in your opinion, what round there do you say is definitely not a pacquiao round?
        those are all pacquiao rounds, which means he won at least 7 - thing is, i think he also won round 4 pretty clearly.

it seems we have the same exact card except for round 4. i dont see how marquez won round 4 - he had an ok right hand at the end, and lost every second of the round before that

Comment

• if i had the final word i'd change the thread to "tonight, marquez whipped up on that pacquiao azz"

i'm waiting for the bright yellow shirt that says "i beat manny pacquiao three times!"

marquez didn't lose that damn fight! he didnt get hit with the flush power punches and get into the exchanges that made the first two fights so close (even if/when marquez was in control in I and II, pacquiao's harder punches kept him in the fight)

he didnt lose the rounds
          and he certainly didnt lose the fight

peoples champ

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
            if i had the final word i'd change the thread to "tonight, marquez whipped up on that pacquiao azz"

i'm waiting for the bright yellow shirt that says "i beat manny pacquiao three times!"

marquez didn't lose that damn fight! he didnt get hit with the flush power punches and get into the exchanges that made the first two fights so close (even if/when marquez was in control in I and II, pacquiao's harder punches kept him in the fight)

he didnt lose the rounds
            and he certainly didnt lose the fight

peoples champ
            was this post meant to be random, or were you replying to someone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
              was this post meant to be random, or were you replying to someone?
              mostly a joke with truth in its undertones

Comment

• Originally posted by Toyman View Post
                those are all pacquiao rounds, which means he won at least 7 - thing is, i think he also won round 4 pretty clearly.

it seems we have the same exact card except for round 4. i dont see how marquez won round 4 - he had an ok right hand at the end, and lost every second of the round before that
                actually, you're right, rd 4 was definitely a pacquiao round
                and now i dont see how you could give it to marquez

Comment

Working...
                X