No announcement yet.

Looks like team Loma trying to lowball Rigo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    How exactly are they lowballing him? Was an offer made? If it's anything greater than $150K it's his best offer to date.
    I'm actually wondering this...

Does anyone know the official offer?

Comment

It would be nice to know what number Rigo has in mind

Comment

Why don't he just take it if he wants the fight so much?

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that the fight will be fixed anyway so there's just no point in Rigo even trying to get it? I'm not seeing how Loma offering to double Rigo's earnings has a bearing then, but to me it looks like quite a generous offer. What the hell would I know though?

What do you think should happen?
          It's not generous at all because you never know what the judges will do. Look at just what happened to Manny (for a SECOND TIME)... But at least Manny already got paid... Rigo could potentially get screwed on the cards and end up getting a smaller purse.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            It is interesting to me that the same people that use "bringing JMM up 2 weight classes" to criticize and mitigate Floyd's win over JMM have no issue with Loma doing same with Rigo.

If Loma wins this, as I expect, I hope these posters say the same about the win.
            It cuts both ways bro.
            You can also say the same people who supported Floyd in the JMM
            are now the same people who attack Loma.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
              Why don't he just take it if he wants the fight so much?
              He's obviously holding out for as much money as possible (Rigo that is). Rigo is the one taking all the risk going up in so much weight to fight an extremely talented fighter... It's not just any other fight...

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                It is interesting to me that the same people that use "bringing JMM up 2 weight classes" to criticize and mitigate Floyd's win over JMM have no issue with Loma doing same with Rigo.

If Loma wins this, as I expect, I hope these posters say the same about the win.
                Big difference those people didnt want a Rigo vs Loma fight. Rigo running his mouth and a certain fan base and certain youtube channels that want to appease to those who hate Loma are calling him a duck and talking **** about Loma and trying to force a fight with Rigo instead of trying to make the other 130lb fighters fight him. So many "but Tank is young" excuses are said by those same people. There calling him a coward if he moves to 135 while Rigo never moved one division up.

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
                  Isn't that the same BS they pulled before? And we all know Arum never fixes fights or anything...

Why would Rigo agree to such conditions, knowing he will be screwed on the cards if the fight is close?
                  so tells us, whats the "lowball" figure?

Comment

The biggest puzzle is why aren't these Rigo supporters not supportive of
                    Davis vs Rigo?
                    It's an easier fight to make considering Floyd was just recently seen coddling Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by hogwash View Post
                      so tells us, whats the "lowball" figure?
                      I dunno, but it's implied when Team Loma is offering to match Rigo's purse if he wins... Which is something that never happens in boxing...Purses are guaranteed ahead of time... And it's not like this fight is going to be a big PPV (casuals don't really know either guy) so neither guy can potentially make any money off of that either....

Comment

Working...
                      X