No announcement yet.

Dismantle Whiteness Mural goes up at USC causes controversy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] Dismantle Whiteness Mural goes up at USC causes controversy

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) – The University of Southern California has installed a mural on campus that some students say is offensive and racist.

The mural, which reads “DISMANTLE WHITENESS AND MISOGYNY ON THIS CAMPUS”, was commissioned by the USC Annenberg Institute for Diversity and Empowerment and put up on March 22 by art collective When Women Disrupt, according to the Daily Trojan.

While Annenberg Institute for Diversity and Empowerment faculty co-director Alison Trope had initially hoped for the piece to be installed along Watt Way, one of the most visited areas on campus, approval was denied and it ended up at the Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism, the Trojan reported.

Trope tweeted a photo of the work shortly after it was installed.

According to the When Women Disrupt website – which features work by artists Tatyana Fazlalizadeh, Jessica Sabogal and Melinda James with messages such as “I Will Not Mourn The Decline Of Whiteness In My America” and “Our Nation Will Not Be Defined By Whiteness” – the group seeks to “travel from one city to the next, in republican areas, to force a new dialogue.”

“Using public art as our tool, we will disrupt white supremacy and the oppressive rhetoric that has been fueled by our current political climate”, a statement on the site reads.

“We understand that there may be those who disagree with the statement offered by the artists,” reads a statement released by USC Friday. “However, we firmly believe that the civil discourse and the free exchange of ideas around sensitive topics are critical to the resolution of differences and to addressing issues facing our community and society as a whole.”

Some took to social media to express their outrage over the mural.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/...iteness-mural/

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/...iteness-mural/

Just warms my heart reading about people *****ing about who the hell knows anymore all the while attending a university that costs 50k+ a year to attend.

Fucking fantastic.

Comment

Ok Mexico, you can have California, just let our civilized legal citizens evacuate first.

We'll build The Wall around it

Comment

Until whites start talking with their money--protests, boycotts, etc., this nonsense will be allowed to continue. Problem is, it's cucked liberal whites who support this shyt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          Just warms my heart reading about people *****ing about who the hell knows anymore all the while attending a university that costs 50k+ a year to attend.

Fucking fantastic.
          Just imagine these millennials will be in power 15-20 years from now at the local, state, and the federal level. Fun times ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
            Just imagine these millennials will be in power 15-20 years from now at the local, state, and the federal level. Fun times ahead.
            This type of rhetoric has been going on for decades, back to the "boomer" generation when it comes down to it.

It seems to me that moderate or "classic" democrats are being pushed aside and Team D is letting this type of crazy be front and center, running the show.

These people are on a whole different level of fuck shitery.

Comment

This ****, as we know, is CLEARLY designed to create a backlash against minorities and women's causes and it is WELL working if you listen to what people are saying behind closed doors at this point. People I've known for years are starting to sound like Aryan Brotherhood.

The damage that has been done is irreversible. This country will be ****ed with tribalism and racial hate for generations to come thanks to the social controllers, MSM and all the useful idiots out there that are acting as human instruments of mass destruction.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                This type of rhetoric has been going on for decades, back to the "boomer" generation when it comes down to it.

It seems to me that moderate or "classic" democrats are being pushed aside and Team D is letting this type of crazy be front and center, running the show.

These people are on a whole different level of fuck shitery.
                No not really. Not like this. From the time of the OJ trial in the 90's on up through recent history well into the 2000's using the "race card" was considered a dirty trick and was not being sanctioned by the majority of Americans nor MSM.

You haven't been paying attention. The mass PSY OP has flipped many times. During the Bush years all of media, entertainment and advertising had a "red" / conservative slant to it. Watch some TV and film from the era. It was NOTHING like it is now. This really started getting crazy only a year or two ago. Do you guys NOT REMEMBER that far back???

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                  No not really. Not like this. From the time of the OJ trial in the 90's on up through recent history well into the 2000's using the "race card" was considered a dirty trick and was not being sanctioned by the majority of Americans nor MSM.

You haven't been paying attention. The mass PSY OP has flipped many times. During the Bush years all of media, entertainment and advertising had a "red" / conservative slant to it. Watch some TV and film from the era. It was NOTHING like it is now. This really started getting crazy only a year or two ago. Do you guys NOT REMEMBER that far back???
                  I would say around 2010 I first heard of the term "white privilege" then about 2 or 3 years ago one of my Asian friends linked me to an CNN article talking about "Asian privilege," then you have all these race riots that started with some cop shootings, some unjustified and some justified, then more crazy crap like this started popping up all over college campuses. I don't remember the 90s or even the first decade of the 21st century being this crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                    This ****, as we know, is CLEARLY designed to create a backlash against minorities and women's causes and it is WELL working if you listen to what people are saying behind closed doors at this point. People I've known for years are starting to sound like Aryan Brotherhood.

The damage that has been done is irreversible. This country will be ****ed with tribalism and racial hate for generations to come thanks to the social controllers, MSM and all the useful idiots out there that are acting as human instruments of mass destruction.
                    Clearly designed by who?

Comment

Working...
                    X