Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Felix Trinidad have plaster hand wraps when he fought Fernando Vargas in 2000?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Margarito vs Cotto was Payback for Vargas vs Trinidad. If Trinidad didn't have the wraps, Vargas probably would have won.

Comment

tito had to re-wrap because of the way it was wrapped.

no foreign object.

just the way it was done.

other commissions allowed it.

frankly NY let it go until nazim whined about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brush My Hair View Post
        Margarito vs Cotto was Payback for Vargas vs Trinidad. If Trinidad didn't have the wraps, Vargas probably would have won.
        shut up, tumor.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
          That's a dumb argument, because you're disregarding the fact that Vargas was never able to take a punch again after the Trinidad fight.
          To quote a famous philosopher, "you don't know s...t about boxing."

Prior to the Trinidad fight, Vargas had never fought an A-list fighter. He was exposed by Trinidad and was later knocked out by two other A-class fighters in De La Hoya and Mosley. Those three were the only A-Class fighters that Vargas ever fought. He could take a punch just fine...as long as it was coming from a b-class fighter.

I was a Trinidad fan at the time. I saw the Vargas/Trinidad fight. The only thing Vargas complained about after the fight and up until now were the low blows. He blamed his loss on the low blows...until now. He never complained about the punches being too hard...until now.

In fact, he claimed the first two knockdowns in the first round were simply lucky shots by Trinidad....until now. I guess it took him 15 years to recover from those shots and come to the conclusion that Trinidad's team somehow managed to put plaster in Trinidad's gloves right in front of Vargas' trainer.

To sum this whole thing up, "you don't know s...t about boxing."

Comment

vargas fought yory boy campas, ike quartey, winky wright, raul marquez....

let's not pretend vargas was an untested scrub for tito fight.

Comment

Quartey and Winky weren't A level? Cmon now....

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                That's a dumb argument, because you're disregarding the fact that Vargas was never able to take a punch again after the Trinidad fight.
                Thank you for pointing this out to this idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                  Margarito wasn't suspended for the Cotto fight. How's that for a fact?

Can't have it both ways Jr.
                  Did I say specifically the cotto fight? no so stop reaching. You are just embarrased he got caught & SUSPENDED!

Comment

Vargas coming out of the wood work 10+yrs later with 'casts' yet tested positive for roids and quasimodo'd by Mosley (another known cheater) in the same fight. Trinidad destroyed Vargas for life with cleansing hands amen.

Comment

Originally posted by AP***9824; View Post
                      Vargas coming out of the wood work 10+yrs later with 'casts' yet tested positive for roids and quasimodo'd by Mosley (another known cheater) in the same fight. Trinidad destroyed Vargas for life with cleansing hands amen.
                      yeah. fool was roiding and his fans want to complain about extra gauze and tape.

Comment

Working...
                      X