No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erik Morales Vows a War With USADA, WBC Backing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
    usada has no authority in boxing though.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    USADA don't really have any 'authority' in any sport, it is up the governing bodies to act upon its recommendations.

And of course the overwhelming majority do, because to not act upon a clear finding of drugs use would render their governance of the sport a farce. But this is boxing, it's already a farce. What the WBC are saying is that even if USADA find irrefutable evidence of drug taking in a fighter, unless it shows up when he pisses in a cup after the fight, 'we don't want to know'.

I found this statement from Sulaiman a while ago that sums up their position:

The time of getting urine samples for the anti-doping tests is absolutely none other than in the dressing rooms before going into the ring, or after the fights, which is the routine and stated in the rules. The WBC only wants to test how a fighter is at the time of his performance and no other time, unless it is a special circumstance. They are professionals and sign for one fight at a time, every number of months. The WBC requests WADA approved testing systems, but only of the specific substances that are prohibited in the rules and regulations of the WBC.
    Interestingly, he says in the same article that they've only had 15 positive tests in 37 years, like that it supposed to be a good thing.

So Sulaiman is saying that the state of the fighter in the ring is their only concern, and what he does in the months and years between WBC fights is his own business. Obviously this is an insane position. Firstly, a fighter using steroids or EPO or any other PED in the months between fights is very much a factor in the condition that he is in when he enters the ring for his WBC fight.

Secondly, the testing conducted by the commissions on the behalf of the WBC are demonstrably inadequate for the purposes of PED detection. Many of them don't even test for EPO, for example, a drug that pretty much prevents an athlete getting tired. The Nevada State Athletic Commission don't test for EPO, nor do they test for human growth hormone, nor do they test for synthetic testosterone.

And so according to the WBC and Jose Sulaiman, USADA can show that a fighter is entering on EPO, HGH, and testosterone, and if it doesn't show up in the post-fight piss they're ok with it. This in a sport where people are getting punched in the head.

It's a scandal. These people are fucking scum.

Comment

Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
      what a stupid question??? so if am a reknown atlete and and go to any restaurant in Mexico I will tell the waitter serve me Meat with no clembuterol...lol.
      Pay attention to the articles brought here....the clembuterol problem in Mexico is a big one, given that almost every rancher in Mexico uses it.
      So if it's such a big well known problem, why the fcuk would you eat meat that is potentially contaminated????? It goes both ways buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I havent been to Mexico, but in the UK when you buy meat in the supermarket or that is not from a butcher, it states on the label/packet where it is from! I.E Scottish beef, Brazil, Spanish etc....therefore, if I knew meat was contaminated from Scottish beef, i wouldnt damn eat it the stuff especially if i Knew USADA were testing me.

Is it really that hard to understand? Perhaps

Comment

Working...
      X