Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn is Firm: I Want Wilder-Whyte Next, Never 50-50 For Joshua!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BWC View Post
    Shyte will go life and death with Helenius, watch..
    That is if he doesn't get knocked out or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by sotgoda View Post
      This is exactly what Jay Deas (Wilder's manager) said. I agree. Have a contract for the next fight as AJ with extreme penalties if AJ and or Eddie renege on the contract terms. Then, get paid good money to clean up Hearn's vomit in Whyte and beat down AJ. Now, Eddie will have no job anymore since his cash cow is done.
      Exactly. (Speaking as Wilder) If I give you what you want, you have to give me what I want.

There should be a clause that requires a fight afterwards. Work it like Kov-Ward contract, where the parties can't legally sign to fight anyone else after their tune ups. I certainly wouldn't go jumping through hoops for Eddie without some kind of agreement in place

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
        Exactly. (Speaking as Wilder) If I give you what you want, you have to give me what I want.

There should be a clause that requires a fight afterwards. Work it like Kov-Ward contract, where the parties can't legally sign to fight anyone else after their tune ups. I certainly wouldn't go jumping through hoops for Eddie without some kind of agreement in place
        Agreed! I bet if that is available, you will see Wilder come to beat down Whyte easily - make the money and move to the unification. AJ will get his beatdown eventually from Wilder, if he has not been beat down by then.

Comment

Hearn has not made offers to every damn heavyweight. Hearn has lied multiple times of making offers to other heavyweight so that he can create a mystique about a pathetic fighter in Whyte. So, Hearn is doing a good promotional job. But he is not the epitome of truth.
          Have you got evidence that he has lied about offering fights? or are you just a hater that can't see the obvious?

Comment

Agreed! I bet if that is available, you will see Wilder come to beat down Whyte easily - make the money and move to the unification. AJ will get his beatdown eventually from Wilder, if he has not been beat down by then.
            Its a damn shame you and I could negotiate this fight pretty easy, but Eddie Hearn and Lou DiBella can't get it done

Comment

• Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
              Whyte is no different than Stiverne, Washington, or any other heavyweight for that matter. I just don’t see anything special about him. And Wilder is not poor. Showtime has been invested in him for years so he has money and he’s not going to let Hearn jerk him around. He wants Joshua not Whyte. And he doesn’t have to jump through hoops to get Joshua. Sooner or later the boxing community is going to force both sides to make the fight.
              The fight is there for Wilder in the summer, it's going to happen, in the meantime lets have a fun fight with a great build-up against a proven, durable contender with a great chin, and make millions doing so.

I'm no Joshua fan, I think Wilder can ko him and vice-versa. He moves better and is more athletic, punches harder. I also think Wilder beats Whyte but it would be entertaining while it lasted as Whyte is game for a tear up, and we know Wilder can end it at ANY time.

I just want to see Wilder fight in a big fight and I'd even go to that event to watch him.... sue me.

Comment

• Originally posted by methodcal View Post
                For some reason the Uk fans sounda lil shaky about this fight. Unifying fight that soon as it's sign will sell out Wembley in minutes. No hyping needed just fight. Jeez. Real bad look.
                Just like the US fans are shaky about Wilder fighting Whyte, why is that?

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                  Its a damn shame you and I could negotiate this fight pretty easy, but Eddie Hearn and Lou DiBella can't get it done
                  You are right, buddy! I think both of them are grandstanding. Eddie is obviously trying to expand his universe of promotion and Lou DiBella does not like this UK guy trying to claim some territory. Ultimately, for the sake of the fans, I hope common sense will prevail here. This might be the fight that brings back respect for the heavyweight division. Let's hope the fight gets made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                    Have you got evidence that he has lied about offering fights? or are you just a hater that can't see the obvious?
                    You can call me a hater if you like. That's fine. My opinion remains the same - Eddie is a promoter who will say whatever he wants to say to build credibility for himself. That does not mean I jump at all he says.

Likewise, athough I support Wilder, I don't jump at all he says, A perfect example is the 50/50 stuff Eddie says Wilder is requesting - assuming Eddie is telling the truth. I don't expect Wilder to get 50/50 for fighting AJ the 1st time, especially if the fight is in the UK. I think 60/40 for all non-US revenue (and the reverse for US) is fine.

Now, if and when Wilder beats down AJ, he can pull a Bellew and have the contractual terms to favor himself.

Comment

You can call me a hater if you like. That's fine. My opinion remains the same - Eddie is a promoter who will say whatever he wants to say to build credibility for himself. That does not mean I jump at all he says.

Likewise, athough I support Wilder, I don't jump at all he says, A perfect example is the 50/50 stuff Eddie says Wilder is requesting - assuming Eddie is telling the truth. I don't expect Wilder to get 50/50 for fighting AJ the 1st time, especially if the fight is in the UK. I think 60/40 for all non-US revenue (and the reverse for US) is fine.

Now, if and when Wilder beats down AJ, he can pull a Bellew and have the contractual terms to favor himself.
                      I watch every Hearn and Whyte interview on IFL. Do you think his inactivity is for any reason other than Hearn is struggling to get opponents for him? Whyte actually turned up at his office last week and Hearn said he thought Whyte was going to knock him out over the frustration at not having a fight. Hearn also said he has offered Whyte to nearly every fighter and they keep saying no, he has said this multiple times over the last 6 months, so I'm of the opposite opinion of you.

If Hearn is lying to IFL viewers, Whyte and everyone else then he would be found out very quickly.....so I will ask again, what evidence do you have that Hearn has not offered Whyte to fighters?

Miller, Wilder, Breazeale have all been offered it. Miller won't travel, Wilder turned down a career high payday. FACTS!

Comment

Working...
                      X