Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price, With New Trainer, Returns on Smith-Skoglund Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fionn View Post
    His most recent demise was for a WBO European bauble. The European scene at Heavyweight is packed with tough, tough fights with no money to be made. In my opinion Price should close this year out with as many fights as he can fit in. If he could reel off say 4-5 straight KO wins then see how the title pictures are looking next year. At this point don't think Price is even top 5 in the UK. People like Dave Allen and Tom Little who you'd laugh at for calling him out a few years back now would probably cause him serious problems.
    I would pick shot Chisora to beat Price. Now Chisora vs Price makes sense. The loser retires from boxing.

Comment

this is what happens when you do not have a backup plan. he was ko'd by a soft tap to the side of the head. he just cant do boxing but he knows nothing else. sad. baby. trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionn View Post
        His most recent demise was for a WBO European bauble. The European scene at Heavyweight is packed with tough, tough fights with no money to be made. In my opinion Price should close this year out with as many fights as he can fit in. If he could reel off say 4-5 straight KO wins then see how the title pictures are looking next year. At this point don't think Price is even top 5 in the UK. People like Dave Allen and Tom Little who you'd laugh at for calling him out a few years back now would probably cause him serious problems.
        The Hammer fight was also a WBO eliminator. If Price could have finished Hammer when he dropped him he would be the WBO #2 right now & possibly could of been fighting the winner of Fury/Parker or Joshua. Hammer will probably get the first shot at the WBO title instead of Price or possibly be involved in a final eliminator. Price blew his best chance at a title shot by losing to Hammer which was a very winnable fight.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          The Hammer fight was also a WBO eliminator. If Price could have finished Hammer when he dropped him he would be the WBO #2 right now & possibly could of been fighting the winner of Fury/Parker or Joshua. Hammer will probably get the first shot at the WBO title instead of Price or possibly be involved in a final eliminator. Price blew his best chance at a title shot by losing to Hammer which was a very winnable fight.
          I wouldn't be surprised if Povetkin vs Hammer will be the WBO final eliminator in December.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
            I would pick shot Chisora to beat Price. Now Chisora vs Price makes sense. The loser retires from boxing.
            How is Chisora shot? He had a great fight with Whyte & a close 12 round decision loss to Pulev. People thought he was shot because Tyson Fury toyed with him & beat him so bad he quit on his stool. Fury did the same with Hammer & then went on to beat Klitschko. Chisora is a fringe contender who simply lacks the skillset to beat the best HWs but by no means is he shot from what I have seen his last few big fights. Who has he lost to? Vitali Klitschko, Haye & Fury twice. All former world champions. He had a close loss to Pulev & 2 questionable losses to Helenius & Whyte. He isn't done yet in my opinion. He won't ever win a world title but he is still a tough fight for anyone.
            Last edited by joe strong; 08-08-2017, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
              I wouldn't be surprised if Povetkin vs Hammer will be the WBO final eliminator in December.
              I could see this happening too...

Comment

He can still have a decent career as an average domestic level British heavyweight if he wants to earn a living, no problem with that. I'm sure he can still make a decent living fighting 2 or 3 times a year even at that level.

He'll only end up getting stopped once he goes above that level though.

Comment

How is Chisora shot? He had a great fight with Whyte & a close 12 round decision loss to Pulev. People thought he was shot because Tyson Fury toyed with him & beat him so bad he quit on his stool. Fury did the same with Hammer & then went on to beat Klitschko. Chisora is a fringe contender who simply lacks the skillset to beat the best HWs but by no means is he shot from what I have seen his last few big fights. Who has he lost to? Vitali Klitschko, Haye & Fury twice. All former world champions. He had a close loss to Pulev & 2 questionable losses to Helenius & Whyte. He isn't done yet in my opinion. He won't ever win a world title but he is still a tough fight for anyone.
                  I agree. I do probably think he is past his prime but Chisora won't lose to any bums or domestic level fighter yet. He still operates a good level and only really good fighters have beaten him convincingly.

To be fair to Chisora, had he been given any of the current champions route to a belt, he would have been a world champion. He beats Charles Martin, Andy Ruiz and probably Stiverne too. It's just a shame he was getting his shot and becoming a contender when the belts were all tied up by the Klitschko's.

Comment

David Price at one point was considered a better prospect than Tyson Fury. That's a fact. LMFAO!

Never saw it myself but I don't control the boxing media in the UK. Politics. They didn't want to claim a gypsy with Irish roots as their own. They'd rather take the Scouser.

Paul Smith needs to retire had far too many chances. Same with David Price. I honestly cringe when I hear those names are fighting again.

Comment

David Haye has an agreement with Hughie Fury. If Fury is WBO champion Haye will be his first defence.

Comment

Working...
                      X