No announcement yet.

Dan Raphael: Usyk Vs Povetkin in the USA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
    Usyk has major ****ing balls if this is actually what happens, if he's willing to go for Povetkin in his first fight at the weight, you'd have to think with a win, he may push his WBO mandatory position and go directly for Joshua after one fight
    Usyk should fight Helenius or something first. Get acclimated to the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      Neither fighter is "shot".
      i guess "shot" isnt the term i was looking for...just passed it i guess....povetkin has always had stamina issues and hes 39 now....i just dont see usyk, if hes the goods, having a problem with povetkin...in fact if usyk is the guy i think he is i think he should have no problems and stop povetkin...just my opinion tho

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
        I don't think Povetkin is shot at all. In decline a bit but still dangerous, he had more success against Joshua than most expected.
        Yeah, Povetkin looked quite good until later in the fight. Povetkin is still dangerous even though he's past his best.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          Usyk should fight Helenius or something first. Get acclimated to the weight.
          Povetkin makes sense to me as a 2nd fight at the weight, but it's dangerous as hell as a welcoming to HW. I had thought Takam, Hunter or Chisora would make a lot of sense for a first fight, but Usyk must be thinking he doesn't need much acclimatization. I think the talk of Povetkin being "shot" is ludicrous, his chin may have been cracked, but that is yet to be seen, but the dude can still box and punch, he ain't gonna go quietly in this one

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            Excellent Card but yeah I agree with other post but I hope going head to head with Wilder vs Fury II is not the plan if the Rumors are true that they're going with May 18th
            Why? You don't think DAZN fancy denting the Wilder v Fury PPV?

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              If Eddie brings this to Chicago I will be like one of his fanboys on this forum

Not same day as Wilder v Fury II though
              Yeah, I would definitely go.

Probably need a Polish guy on the card somewhere to fill the seats though.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                Yeah, I would definitely go.

Probably need a Polish guy on the card somewhere to fill the seats though.
                I'd bet they try to bring Sulecki back on this card, assuming he beats Rosado, probably against Luis Arias, as Mammoth has speculated. Especially considering Arias is a Milwaukee guy

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                  Povetkin makes sense to me as a 2nd fight at the weight, but it's dangerous as hell as a welcoming to HW. I had thought Takam, Hunter or Chisora would make a lot of sense for a first fight, but Usyk must be thinking he doesn't need much acclimatization. I think the talk of Povetkin being "shot" is ludicrous, his chin may have been cracked, but that is yet to be seen, but the dude can still box and punch, he ain't gonna go quietly in this one
                  Those fights make a lot more sense but I'm wondering how close they are to making Parker vs Chisora and Hunter vs Takam for April 20th.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
                    Why? You don't think DAZN fancy denting the Wilder v Fury PPV?
                    That's a dumb idea

Comment

I like it, Usyk dont fck around.

Comment

Working...
                      X