Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Joe Calzaghe was American he'd be hailed as the Greatest of All-time.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I didn't think you could answer that.

Look at my pick for AJ/wilder-I have posted numerous times I think Aj is better and will win even though I will be rooting for Wilder as an American. I am a well known Manny hater that picked him over Fishnets.

I have been a fan of the sport for almost 40 years. I don't pick fights based on emotion or nationality. I make educated picks based. If I'm wrong, I fully admit it.

No I don't. If I don't pick before the fight I leave it blank.

I'll await my apology sir but I will not hold my breath.
    Apology for what? You making outlandish claims, with no way for them to be disproved?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      Carlos Zarate is lauded as a surefire ATG yet he has not one win against a HOF opponent as an example of a bit of a flawed logic there IMO. Zarate also never unified.

I’m not saying Calzaghe faced a Murderers row but he reached the top of two divisions and with three 50/50 matches. He also won all the belts and reigned for a very long time.
      Great wins over Davila, Zamora , Ferreri and Rodolfo Martinez . That's a bunch of very good contenders and champions back in the two boxing body days.
      I'm not really sure if the scale was not rigged in Puerto Rico when he fought Gomez. They both came in over the limit. Carlos had no legs entering the ring.

Comment

He may get shat on by idiots on forums but get on Youtube and see what other ex pro's, trainers, coaches, judges, promoters and general experts on the sport think about Joe Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
          Apology for what? You making outlandish claims, with no way for them to be disproved?
          Why is picking Calzaghe so outrageous, simply because I am American?

You're right I was lying. I picked a bodybuilder with 12 fights over a boxer even I go with the pure boxer over the power puncher almost always on NSB.

Getting back to the original post-I think Calzaghe and Ottke are about the same with the edge to Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Zarate has a list of solid wins even though he lost to the very best he fought in Pintor and Gomez. He fought in Mexico and the US. He fought often and fought at a time when boxing was like the 3rd most popular sport in North America. He fought in divisions that are hugely popular in Mexico and the Southwest US.

Calzaghe never fought over here in his prime and neither did his opposition. 168 is a very obscure division with no real name value at all.
            Calzaghe, without question, has a better resume and career than Zarate.

Was Calzaghe's work at 168 better than Crawford's at 135 and 140? I think so. The 168 division was always bigger in Europe and a continents ignorance to the significance to Calzaghe-Kessler shouldn't downplay his reign or accomplishments.

Like I said, to say he's the equivalent to Sven Ottke is just far from reality when he's a far superior fighter with a far superior career.

Comment

Idk, I don’t think he gets the credit he should from some, but as far as career, I think he was a great fighter with great speed and one hell of a chin

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
                Great wins over Davila, Zamora , Ferreri and Rodolfo Martinez . That's a bunch of very good contenders and champions back in the two boxing body days.
                I'm not really sure if the scale was not rigged in Puerto Rico when he fought Gomez. They both came in over the limit. Carlos had no legs entering the ring.
                I agree those are excellent. My point is just because a resume is lacking a high quantity of HOF inductees doesn't mean it's bad. Some guys are so dominant they stop others getting in. I am just saying if you are just going to look at it black and white then Zarate's lacking a number of qualifications though clearly he deserves his status too.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  I agree those are excellent. My point is just because a resume is lacking a high quantity of HOF inductees doesn't mean it's bad. Some guys are so dominant they stop others getting in. I am just saying if you are just going to look at it black and white then Zarate's lacking a number of qualifications though clearly he deserves his status too.
                  Well, Aaron Pryor is in the hall. Has two solid wins over a hall of famer on his 4th division.
                  So is Ken Norton.
                  Joe Calz deserves to get in too imo.

What's funny to me is , people considered Joe Calz boring. But, some of them think Floyd is exciting .

Joe had some solid wins.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                    He may get shat on by idiots on forums but get on Youtube and see what other ex pro's, trainers, coaches, judges, promoters and general experts on the sport think about Joe Calzaghe.
                    Joe had a sick hand to eye coordination.
                    Too bad, nose milk got in the way .
                    I think he was good for at least two more good years.

Comment

I thought joe was already the goat?? He beat lacy dawg

Comment

Working...
                      X