No announcement yet.

🚨World Boxing Super Series in danger of being canceled🚨

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
    Well I think there is a simple answer to that ..sadly alot of these young american fighters don't want to fight in these sort of tournaments because it's too risky. To put it blatantly they are afraid to lose their undefeated records... especially the managers/promoters of the American fighters. Just look at Hooker and Jose Ramirez not being in the 140lb tournament...they have absolutely no valid reason for not being in it. There is too much money invested in those fighters to lose their hype. That's why you'd never see no WBSS at Welterweight. It's all low risk high reward ****.
    I don't buy that. We do know Bob has an issue letting his guys fight ANYWHERE else doe so its no surprise his guys aren't in this tournament.

Although you couldn't do a tournament at 147, but thats cuz of the money involved at that weight more than who'd be down to be in or not.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      I disagree I think the cruiserweight semis look really interesting
      Well we already know Usyk is the king of the division lets see the kings of the lower weight classes.

Comment

it won't happen but it
        s sketch

Comment

Absolute tragedy if it ends already, but some of their own business decisions have to be blamed.
          No doubt. Definitely some questionable decisions being made if it does end.

If I were in charge I'd streamline the whole thing to make it more TV friendly. For starters they might as well just begin at the semis since most of the QFs have been predictable anyway, and it should have been condensed into a few shows rather than having every fight headline its own card.
          Don't love the idea of it being a 4 man tournament vs a 8 man tournament, but hard to argue against it when I believe there has only been 2 upsets by unranked fighters & both of those fights happened this season.

And 100% agree the shows should be condensed. Seems like they've done more of that this season then the first season.

No network in its right mind is going to sign a deal that fills up its Saturday night primetime slot every week for two months straight
          Right. This is one of the things I was saying was f#cking stupid from the jump. HBO or Showtime couldn't buy this not cuz they didn't want to, but because it makes no sense to buy this tournament to wipe out all their regularly scheduled boxing dates to fulfill the obligation to show 14 fights (or 21, this year) in a 9 month period WHILE maintaining their current roster/schedule.

Its about as easy a decision as possible to decide to break up these brackets at a minimum to put less pressure on a interested party in showing so many fights. And I don't see why breaking it up by round would be THAT bad either just to sell it.

I mean fair play on having the goal at the beginning to be selling it all to one platform, but after a couple weeks or months w/o a deal I think you gotta go to chopping it up into smaller more sellable parts to insure you are making maximum money year in, year out.

Comment

I disagree I think the cruiserweight semis look really interesting
            The CW tournament is a good tournament, but to me thinking of what the goal of the WBSS should be its not simply a good tournament. There goal should be to help decide who's the best guy at a particular weight division.

And to me the season 1 CW tournament did just that so a season 2 CW tournament doesn't seem needed. Maybe wait til Usyk has officially moved up to HW before doing another tournament there or even wait a year or two longer.

I've said a few times I'd love for the WBSS to have cycles of tournaments that allow for every weight division to be covered every 4-6 years & that seems attainable if they can make this tournament a mainstay of boxing although it'd likely take us 4+ years to reach that point.

Comment

Damnit! I really wanna see Inoue KO everyone else.

Some were saying his fight would be in Puerto Rico. I know Rodriguez is PR but come on they need to be smart. Either put the fight where there's a ton of Japanese folks like LA or shoot even Hawaii. I dont think many will go to PR to see his fight right? Shoot put it in Miami if anything thats close enough to PR.

I knew something was wrong when no one could say when and where his next fight would be and they saying it could be Feb or march. Feb is only 2 months away lol.

Comment

Working...
              X