No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte: No Shock if Jarrell Miller Upsets Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
    AJ and Wilder both need each other because outside of Fury and Ortiz there is really no other BIG name they can beat that will solidify them as legends. In order for Wilder and AJ to become legends it will come down to longevity as champions moreso than competition faced unless a few more HW's become legit names/threats. That's how I view it at this divisions current state there just isn't "A LOT" of competition in HW.
    I don't disagree at all. The mission is not completely after AJ vs Wilder, in fact the pressure will be applied even more to the winner of it when they do fight. After that the fans will ask for more and more and more.

More talent is on the way at Heavyweight though, Usyk moving up, you got Joe Joyce rising fast, Daniel Dubois, Filip Hgrovic, Tony Yoka, Ivan Dychko, Dermani Rock, Frank Sanchez Faure, Oleksandr Teslenko, Bakhodir Jalolov...I can keep going on the talent that is on the rise at Heavyweight. If all live up to their Potential then in 2-3 years the Heavyweight Division will be Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      Very True that this Modern ERA with Equipment and Facilities like SNAC in which you're able to work out in High Altitude without having to travel to the Mountains yeah all that is amazing. HOWEVER, what it has done is it has made Today's Athlete a bit Spoiled and Entitled and they don't have the Work Ethic of the legends. Maybe not AJ and Wilder because both seems to stay in shape year around.

As for Wilder and AJ matching up with Legends and giving them all they can handle...NO CHANCE! Big George, Lennox, Tyson, Liston...No forget them we don't even have to go back that far! Neither of them beats a PRIME Wlad or Vitali Klitschko IMO. They're Champions now because Vitali retired which is why Wilder even has the WBC and the only reason why AJ has his Belts is because Wlad got old and Fury Demons got the best of him for a few years allowing him to pick up Fury's Belts

The Standard is high for Heavyweights because of its rich history and it shouldn't be lowered for AJ or Wilder...they want to go down as GREATS they will have to EARN IT! Right Now I don't see it in neither, all I see is HYPE based on them being "More Exciting Than The Klitschko Brothers"
      You are spot on about the sports science it has changed the fitness levels entirely.

On the era for era comparisons, I don’t think it’s that easy as throwing a blanket over all the names and covering them in gold.

Lewis was beatable and was beaten by guys that I wouldn’t consider ahead of AJ, Fury or Wilder. Liston was not all that special at all, big George would probably be the best of the current crop in his prime, but even so, he wouldn’t be walking through them like a wrecking ball. Tyson...pre Tokyo or after? After he would have been very beatable by all three, before, he was def too good for them.

Comment

Its the unknown only that Miller hasn't fought anyone.
        It has to be a fill it in exposure fight there's nothing else to suggest the bookies at 1/11 on Joshua haven't got it right again.

Comment

Both AJ & Miller are NOT enrolling in VADA, the upset is there

Comment

Whyte just needs to go out there and do his thing. Eventually the demand for the fight will be there and the fight will be made. He should avoid the Junior Witter-Hatton or Khan-Kell Brook where one fighter is fighting bums and calling the one who is doing all the work.

Comment

Originally posted by The3 View Post
              Both AJ & Miller are NOT enrolling in VADA, the upset is there

come on bro. AJ is WBA belt holder so he must be enrolled year round, regardless of fight schedules or opponents.

Comment

****ing hell Whyte...fair play.

What boxer in the HW division has came out and said this before a fight..... even after getting lowballed..... Whyte is a fighter no doubt.

none of the BS, none of the taking the easy route..... that's how I know Joshua is a fake!

Comment

Whyte is indirectly saying that Joshua's career is having a nose-dive and that anybody in the HW division can spark him out. Everyone thinks this way about Joshua and they are KO'ed

Comment

I can’t see how Miller wins. I know anything is possible but I can’t.

Comment

Working...
                    X