No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Set To Bank Career-High Purse in Miller Defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
    If you do your own research, you'll come a very different conclusion: that the reason why Joshua lowballed Wilder and refused to fight him for $50+ million was that he wasn't ready. He strategically retrieved all the other belts for leverage. And after the Wilder-Fury fight, he now believes he can win. But Wilder and Fury have unfinished business to attend to, so the fight should happen next.
    Lol. Y'all Wilder fans can't see the truth even when its staring you in the face. But boxing fans and Americans especially seem to love a false narrative. Fast food mentality...

Comment

• Originally posted by peplz View Post
      Lol. Y'all Wilder fans can't see the truth even when its staring you in the face. But boxing fans and Americans especially seem to love a false narrative. Fast food mentality...
      When you do your own research, when you listen to sources directly to get the full context of what is actually said, when you formulate your own opinions BEFORE listening to other people's views, you realize that Klitschko, Martin, Parker and Joshua have all avoided Wilder for far less dangerous opponents. Joshua has nobody else to blame but himself for not fighting Wilder in September, losing the Wembley date in April and having to wait for the Wilder-Fury rematch. He didn't expect Fury to step in and steal his limelight.

Comment

When you do your own research, when you listen to sources directly to get the full context of what is actually said, when you formulate your own opinions BEFORE listening to other people's views, you realize that Klitschko, Martin, Parker and Joshua have all avoided Wilder for far less dangerous opponents. Joshua has nobody else to blame but himself for not fighting Wilder in September, losing the Wembley date in April and having to wait for the Wilder-Fury rematch. He didn't expect Fury to step in and steal his limelight.
        OMG. Its amazing that you cant see that you're proving my point for me.

Comment

OMG. Its amazing that you cant see that you're proving my point for me.
          Right. Klitschko offering Wilder step aside money to fight for the WBC title, Joshua choosing to overpay Martin for a shot at the IBF title instead of fighting Povetkin in 2016 to become WBC mandatory, Klitschko choosing Joshua over Wilder to fight for the WBA title, Parker choosing Joshua over Wilder to unify the WBO title for a 30% split, Joshua all of a sudden NOT offering Wilder a split, then rejecting a Showtime offer (he asked for) of $50 million against 50% guarantee and choosing to fight Povetkin instead...

These are all false narratives. Wilder has been ducking the whole time. The truth has been staring me in the face. Don't know how I didn't see it...

Comment

Right. Klitschko offering Wilder step aside money to fight for the WBC title, Joshua choosing to overpay Martin for a shot at the IBF title instead of fighting Povetkin in 2016 to become WBC mandatory, Klitschko choosing Joshua over Wilder to fight for the WBA title, Parker choosing Joshua over Wilder to unify the WBO title for a 30% split, Joshua all of a sudden NOT offering Wilder a split, then rejecting a Showtime offer (he asked for) of $50 million against 50% guarantee and choosing to fight Povetkin instead...

These are all false narratives. Wilder has been ducking the whole time. The truth has been staring me in the face. Don't know how I didn't see it...
            Exactly. All attempts at sarcasm not withstanding, you contunue to prove the point. False narratives and conspiracy theories abound.

Comment

Lowballed Wilder BEFORE his fight with Fury. After the fight, they had to do it again to settle the score. So any offer from Joshua is moot at this point.
              Wilder barely made half the amount AJ offered that was screamed by Wilderites as low ball.
              I keep wondering where their financial brain is.

Comment

Swallow your pride and admit wilder was scared. He turned down an offer he can never make elsewhere even if he is fighting Mike Tyson.
                He ran along with Fury and made half the amount AJ offered. Let's just pretend it's a low ball so we can keep people like you happy.

Comment

• Personally... I don't trust that #. I think it's more of "up to 20m quid". MSG fights just don't roll as deep, and even though it's a good matchup, it's not a signature matchup by any means.

Promoters be promotin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
                    Wilder barely made half the amount AJ offered that was screamed by Wilderites as low ball.
                    I keep wondering where their financial brain is.
                    You don't know how much Joshua or Wilder make.

Comment

Exactly. All attempts at sarcasm not withstanding, you contunue to prove the point. False narratives and conspiracy theories abound.
                      Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
                      Swallow your pride and admit wilder was scared. He turned down an offer he can never make elsewhere even if he is fighting Mike Tyson.
                      He ran along with Fury and made half the amount AJ offered. Let's just pretend it's a low ball so we can keep people like you happy.
                      As it stands, Wilder, Fury and Ortiz are the only heavyweights who are actually trying to fight the best (at this stage of their careers). Like Usyk, Crawford, Mikey Garcia, Teofimo Lopez and Lomachenko in other divisions. It's fun to support these fighters, even if they lose.

The rest are either playing it safe or are solely focused on "appearing" to be the best. Like Joshua, Whyte, Spence, Thurman and Gervonta Davis. The only meaningful fights for these fighters are:

Joshua - Wilder
                      Joshua - Fury
                      Joshua - Ortiz
                      Whyte - Ortiz
                      Whyte - Braezaele
                      Spence - Crawford
                      Spence - Thurman
                      Spence - Porter
                      Thurman - Crawford
                      Thurman - Porter
                      Gervonta Davis - Lomachenko

Until then, any other matchup is frustrating and disappointing. I used to believe that Joshua was the real deal until he pulled that stunt against Wilder. Then I took a deeper look into how he maneuvered around Wilder to pick up Fury's belts. Everybody boasts about how he's only had 22 fights but nobody forced him to become a champion before he was ready. HE chose to do that. The Klitschko fight seemed to take him to another level but maybe Klitschko wasn't really all that good, because since that fight he only seems to be interested in fighting faded and second-tier fighters. I would heavily favor Wilder and Fury over Joshua at this point. Even Whyte was lowballed to cover a Joshua loss, and Whyte had a bad shoulder when he lost their first fight. Miller may actually have a shot, but I believe he was picked because, again, perception is everything.

Comment

Working...
                      X