Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: If Mayweather Can't Fight at My Level - Stay Retired

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fernandtg View Post
    LOL please. Horn robbed Manny in his backyard and offered him a rematch in that very same place.
    In 2008 Humberto Soto was robbed by Joe Cortez, NSAC director and the ringside doctor against Francisco Lorenzo, to the point Manny Steward damn near had a heart attack on air and the WBO refused to award Lorenzo the belt.

Soto rematched him that same year in Lorenzo's backyard, and walked through him. No tuneup in the middle. No controversy.

See, that's what a champion fighter does. They don't make excuses about outcomes. They get revenge.

Regardless of why you think Manny lost, he LOST!...to Jeff 'The Hornet' Horn, a part time gym teacher from Brisbane, and 6 of 8 independent judges agreed with the decision.

Manny should have immediately accepted the rematch when Horn called him out to prove it was a fluke. He didn't. He'll have to live with that loss right along side getting planked by Marquez and embarrassed by Floyd. Because of Manny, Horn will forever be at the top of BoxRec. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      In 2008 Humberto Soto was robbed by Joe Cortez, NSAC director and the ringside doctor against Francisco Lorenzo, to the point Manny Steward damn near had a heart attack on air and the WBO refused to award Lorenzo the belt.

Soto rematched him that same year in Lorenzo's backyard, and walked through him. No tuneup in the middle. No controversy.

See, that's what a champion fighter does. They don't make excuses about outcomes. They get revenge.

Regardless of why you think Manny lost, he LOST!...to Jeff 'The Hornet' Horn, a part time gym teacher from Brisbane, and 6 of 8 independent judges agreed with the decision.

Manny should have immediately accepted the rematch when Horn called him out to prove it was a fluke. He didn't. He'll have to live with that loss right along side getting planked by Marquez and embarrassed by Floyd. Because of Manny, Horn will forever be at the top of BoxRec. LOL
      What a ridiculous comparison. Soto was robbed via DQ, against a guy he literally battered to a pulp. He knew he was capable of easily stopping him again. Manny was headbutted all night long and got robbed on the scorecards. You can solve a ref problem easily. A judging problem? Not so much, especially when chances are you'll end up heading to the scorecards yet again.

Champions do whatever they want. Who are you to dictate whether he welcomes the chance of getting robbed again? Yes, he got iced by Marquez and humiliated by Floyd (especially with the shoulder BS excuse), but Horn? Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
        Another gimp that can't read. Let me help you out, simpleton. I said Floyd would dismantle Manny IF he fights him the same way he fought Broner.

Move on.
        Pac would have ko floyd in less than 5 if he fight the same way he fought berto, gregor and a 100lbs jap guy.

Comment

Floyd should fight broner first if he win then he has a chance against pac.

Comment

The sport ruins its own image on a monthly basis, be it professional boxing or AIBA.

When over 90% of boxing analysts, trainers, boxers, and hardcore boxing fans score the fight for the guy that lost, it's pretty clear that something went down behind the scenes.

Horn/Pac is just one of many examples. Off the top of my head:
            Canelo/Floyd (draw on a card)
            Canelo/GGG (10-2 card)
            Canelo/Cotto (11-1 card)
            Canelo/Lara (9-3 card)
            Williams/Lara
            Martinez/Cintron
            Pacquiao/Bradley
            Chavez/Whitaker
            Lewis/Holyfield
            Hearns/Leonard (second one)
            Holyfield/Valuev
            DLH/Sturm
            DLH/Trinidad
            Marquez/Pac (third one)

How about the Olympics? RJJ vs Korean guy, Floyd, Conlan, etc. Heck, this one's the biggest robbery I've ever witnessed in boxing:

Of course, it's all unfounded and done by us boxing fans in bad faith.
            The Horn -v- Packy fight is often quoted so I'll stick with that. Except where loonies are involved every 'crime' has a motive. In all the accusations I've ever seen motive has never been mentioned and Australia is well down the list of generally corrupt countries. The main $ for the fight came from government tourism promotion funds, without that the fight would never have happened so there is no corruption there.

In the big scheme of things Arum's plan was for Horn to be beaten and Packy was to go on and fight Crawford for the big $. Follow the money, Horn had no value in the US whereas Packy did so why would US based corruption favour Horn? I've looked for a motive for corruption and can't find one, in fact everything points the other way, there was no big private money backing Horn behind the scene, plenty of talk but as usual no money.

I've gone to a bit of trouble to set this out fairly (I hope) because you obviously have a sound boxing knowledge and are not some time wasting one eyed Flip.

Comment

Losing to Floyd make a lot of boxers depressed and bitter. It takes a toll on their state of mind knowing that even if they were physically stronger and faster than him, they still got outclassed by him. I hope Manny doesn’t become as bitter as, Oscar De La Puta.

Comment

Manny was headbutted all night long and got robbed on the scorecards. You can solve a ref problem easily. A judging problem? Not so much, especially when chances are you'll end up heading to the scorecards yet again.
                BS. It's called knock the MF'er out. Like you should have done the first time. Like Roach told you to do. Don't leave it to the judges and you won't have that problem.

Comment

A lil out of context but I think he means if may is willing to go thru the grueling training again he's down to box if not just enjoy your retirement.

I feel cause of how boxing is scored when it comes to thier styes, if may can get his rounds scored like what broner did in the 4th. It will be the same. It will be the same ol' 2-1 argument.
                  Last edited by WholeSoul75; 01-23-2019, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    You are aware that Floyd beat Pacquaio in 2015, right?
                    It depends on what channel you watched it on and who convinced you who won.

Youtube has a good version where they just show the punches land so you dont have to watch them look at each other from a distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
                      It depends on what channel you watched it on and who convinced you who won.

Youtube has a good version where they just show the punches land so you dont have to watch them look at each other from a distance.
                      Every channel in the USA and UK had Floyd winning.

100% of press row had Floyd winning.

Comment

Working...
                      X