Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the real question is........why the hell did tony weeks stop the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont like the stoppage. But the reason probably is that kovalev wanted no more of ward and the referee decided to spare him a knockout.

Comment

You're banned bro. Why you still here?

Comment

Kovalev wasn't fighting back, and he was taking a hell of a beating. I do think we needed a count. Kovalev deserved, and has earned, at least that.

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic Hammer View Post
          I think it's a real possibility this might be successfully appealed by Kovalev's people and made a No Contest/Decision.
          Yes, maybe in your dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by JACK1190 View Post
            Because he could see over the last few rounds that Kovalev wanted out.
            Thank you alot of posters don't want to admit that he was trying hard to get a break in the action.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
              **** stoppage. I'm fuming right now, and I'm a Ward fan.
              Yeah, Ward fans got robbed of Ward getting a cleaner KO. Kovalev was finished, but Weeks should have given him an 8 count.

Ward proved he was the better fighter tonight though. Just hate the weird stoppage. Maybe Weeks saw something from Kovalev we didn't. Maybe Kovalev gave him no choice.

Comment

Because he was bent over backwards in some kind of standing fetal position and refusing to fight back

Plus, maybe the no standing 8 count rule was in effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
                  Yeah, Ward fans got robbed of Ward getting a cleaner KO. Kovalev was finished, but Weeks should have given him an 8 count.

Ward proved he was the better fighter tonight though. Just hate the weird stoppage. Maybe Weeks saw something from Kovalev we didn't. Maybe Kovalev gave him no choice.
                  He was going to focking kill him. Ward was looking so good. Even had his legs back. Kovalev was gassing like hell. There's only one way this fight was going to go, and now we're never going to hear the end of it.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                    You're banned bro. Why you still here?
                    nicca u cray

Comment

Because the ref already knew the pending outcome. Kov was looking for a way out. It was obvious when he started complaining to the ref....

Comment

Working...
                      X