No announcement yet.

Arum Trying To Force Cotto To Accept A Catchweight Or Go H2H

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
    how do you work that one out? he has already knocked him out.
    Pacquiao is not selling more than 1 million ppvs with Bradley Cotto and Marquez would be the only fights the he would sell that amount.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
      That is what the whole moving to Manny fight to Dec 1st is all about. The problem is this is going to anger Cotto to the point he will take on the cahllenge of a H2H fight of the 2nd and 3rd biggest draws in boxing. At the end Mannys numbers will take a bigger hit.
      cotto should lock up angulo for december..mexico vs puerto rico

Comment

Sounds like a Arum move...I hope Cotto doesn't give in to it and drain himself AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          1st off, you grip on reality is tenuous (Arum preferring Bradley to Cotto for Pac, LMAO), and you expect us to buy your "insights" on the workings of team Pac. The same day Arum offered Pac at 150 to Cotto, there was another article here with Arum admitting he's still not sure who Pac wants. He should have asked Bushbaby, simple.

What's the problem with 150 for the rematch? There's no belt on the line, that must make it better for you. Cotto is obviously fine at 150, I don't need to remind you what he requested of Marg.
          Sounds great except that it was Pacman himself that asked for Cotto twice in 2012, once at 148 then again at 150. Those are facts understand it & weep.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Sounds great except that it was Pacman himself that asked for Cotto twice in 2012, once at 148 then again at 150. Those are facts understand it & weep.
            link for this second one? All i got is Arum's words

You still didn't explain what your problem with 150 is

Comment

its not 154. Cotto should be able to fight at a weight where his performance is maximized.

Comment

The problem with 150 is Pacman is greater than Cotto & is supposed to be the greatest active fighter. But he's asking for 150 against the lesser fighter that he previously destroyed. If you don't see it, I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  its not 154. Cotto should be able to fight at a weight where his performance is maximized.
                  That'd be true if Pac was the challenger. As it is, they made him an offer that he's welcome to pass on, and resume negotiations with WBO interim middle champ at 156. Or see if Canelo will take a CW/rehydration clause package.

But it's real unclear to me what Cotto's best weight is. Last time he fought a ranked (barely? top 30?) super welter, he requested 150, with a 160 rehydration limit. No real super welter can do 160 fight night healthy, heck some welters would be affected. So Cotto's size disadvantage at 154 probably explains why his only top 10 ranked opponent there was a one legged rabbi.
                  Last edited by HeroBando; 08-23-2012, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    The problem with 150 is Pacman is greater than Cotto & is supposed to be the greatest active fighter. But he's asking for 150 against the lesser fighter that he previously destroyed. If you don't see it, I don't know what to tell you.
                    I've explained to you several times that Cotto is not special in that regard, he's not fighting anyone at 154. Having been destroyed once by Pac does not make him special, quite the opposite

Comment

I've explained to you several times that Cotto is not special in that regard, he's not fighting anyone at 154. Having been destroyed once by Pac does not make him special, quite the opposite
                      Special in what regard exactly?? That Pacman is supposed to be greater but as the greater fighter still needs catchweights to beat lesser fighters?? Makes no sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X