No announcement yet.

How good is Deontay Wilder? 100% KO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    I like him but he needs to step up big time and soon. He's fighting a bum of month since his debut and hasn't had any real challenges. His management is not doing him any favors by padding his record with a bunch of overweight cab drivers....

Hopefully by the end of this year he faces a credible opponent and we can gauge where he is in terms of his career...
    He should fight Samuel Peter, but I think Peter still has enough left to beat someone like Wilder. Probably too risky since they keep having him fight weak opponents? I mean the only people who beat Peter were good fighters or atleast heavy punchers like Robert Helenius and boxer Eddie Chambers. And of course I don't have to bring Klitschkos up, they beat everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
      He should fight Samuel Peter, but I think Peter still has enough left to beat someone like Wilder.
      Then why would he fight him? And I agree, Wilder would probably tear his ass up for like 3-4 rds and get caught with 1 goodnight hook. All the more reason for his handlers to never make that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiegelo View Post
        Then why would he fight him? And I agree, Wilder would probably tear his ass up for like 3-4 rds and get caught with 1 goodnight hook. All the more reason for his handlers to never make that fight.
        If they weren't feeding him crap all the time then he could finally step up but none of his fights looked to be step up opponents just crap. Didn't he only have like 1 fight on espn and the entire time Teddy Atlas is bashing him saying that they cherry-picked a soft opponent? Dudes kind of an embarrassment and blaming his team for picking ridiculously easy opponents is too easy to do.

Comment

He should fight Samuel Peter, but I think Peter still has enough left to beat someone like Wilder. Probably too risky since they keep having him fight weak opponents? I mean the only people who beat Peter were good fighters or atleast heavy punchers like Robert Helenius and boxer Eddie Chambers. And of course I don't have to bring Klitschkos up, they beat everyone.
          Peter-Wilder would be a replay of Peter-Long.

Peter by brutal 1st round KO.

Comment

He needs to face someone like Kevin McBride, Jason Gavern, Maurice Harris, Travis Kauffman, or Travis Walker for that matter. Basically a tough journeyman that doesn't have huge knockout power like Sam Peter...

Comment

He needs to face someone like Kevin McBride, Jason Gavern, Maurice Harris, Travis Kauffman, or Travis Walker for that matter. Basically a tough journeyman that doesn't have huge knockout power like Sam Peter...
              I think the opponents you listed might even beat him, Wilder and his managers have really ****ed up his career. He has really been in soft.

Comment

If they weren't feeding him crap all the time then he could finally step up but none of his fights looked to be step up opponents just crap. Didn't he only have like 1 fight on espn and the entire time Teddy Atlas is bashing him saying that they cherry-picked a soft opponent? Dudes kind of an embarrassment and blaming his team for picking ridiculously easy opponents is too easy to do.
                I'm saying his team would be stupid to stand him in front of somebody who even you're saying would destroy him. Why would they make that fight? I'm not blaming his management for his lack of better opposition, I'm blaming his team for not preparing him for the better opponents . They should stand him in front of a journeyman and make it go 8-10 rds instead of earning a flashy 1rd KO that nobody watches because no network is picking it up, or at least teach him to keep his hands up and move his head. It's the heavyweights, and you can't always let your fighter learn by surviving tough wars. What happens instead is your man gets laid out cold with 1 punch from a 260lb man. Right now he's a hopeful prospect that is displaying not the best chin, not the best defense, but pretty above average offense.

Comment

Nailed it, Kevin McBride would be a great start.. shit even Danny McBride might be a step up!

Comment

I think the opponents you listed might even beat him, Wilder and his managers have really ****ed up his career. He has really been in soft.
                    If he loses, no big deal IMO. True boxing fans can appreciate their fighter losing a bout early on in their careers. A loss early on in fighter's career is a lot of times, a good thing....

Comment

Originally posted by Spiegelo View Post
                      Nailed it, Kevin McBride would be a great start.. shit even Danny McBride might be a step up!
                      Kevin McBride would be tailor made for Wilder. He's slow, easy to hit and his conditioning is ****ing horrible. Having said that, Mcbride is better than a lot of Wilder's opponents and he's got the name recogition...

Comment

Working...
                      X