No announcement yet.

GOP wants to grab student loan payments right out of your paycheck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by man down View Post
    I have no issue with someone taking payments out. Hell it would save me the trouble of having to remember to pay my house payment.
    Put your bills on autopay.

It's not taking it out of the check, but it takes it out of your account on the day of the month/week you set.

Comment

I have no issue with someone taking payments out. Hell it would save me the trouble of having to remember to pay my house payment.
      Let's be honest, we both got good credit scores. It's not how much you make it's how much you spend and budget. If these companies start riping money right out of your check pre taxed you would have nothing to live off.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        Put your bills on autopay.

It's not taking it out of the check, but it takes it out of your account on the day of the month/week you set.
        Not the same as taking money from your check pre taxed.

Comment

• Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
          Let's be honest, we both got good credit scores. It's not how much you make it's how much you spend and budget. If these companies start riping money right out of your check pre taxed you would have nothing to live off.
          Well I would be fine. But yes some might not be as they've budgeted so they can pay less for a payment or none at all.

Does it matter? This won't pass anyway. You know what makes me laugh is these kids want free college but they are pretty much getting it anyway because they're not paying their bill.

Comment

Not the same as taking money from your check pre taxed.
            Obviously.

The man cited having issues remembering to make a house payment so I suggested he use autopay.

That's all I was replying to.

Comment

• Unless their parents can foot the entire bill, the only way I can see some of these youngsters going to a 4 year and up University is if they are strong in STEM.

Too many baristas at Starbucks in 10's of thousands of debt that took English Underwater Bowl Literature Progressive Humanties Gay- Bob ****.

Not totally blaming the younger generation for this, either. Been happening for decades.

But not everybody is built for serious academics, I know I wasn't at that age, something that you can actually prosper from financially and quality of life wise.

Which is what higher education should be about.

Comment

Being a landlord is 'legit' work. You have to give them a free ride intil you get court document to evict him. Which can take maybe 3 to 6 months of no rent money for you.

There's nothing you really could Do. Usually people who don't pay rent lost their job, already have bad credit or mostly don't care. Sht they may he also knee deep in student loans.

Please reread that post...................................You answered it the exact way I explained not to.

Comment

Budget.....

Don't spend what you don't have. Pretty simple.

Comment

Well I would be fine. But yes some might not be as they've budgeted so they can pay less for a payment or none at all.

Does it matter? This won't pass anyway. You know what makes me laugh is these kids want free college but they are pretty much getting it anyway because they're not paying their bill.

Nothing wrong with wanting free college. Your generation pretty much had free college with how much tuition cost back then

Heck I graduated at a university in 07 and only paid 800 bucks a semester so in 4 years my total tuition 6400ish. Totally reasonable.

But now that same University I graduated from charges 3500 per semester.

How can they get away with it if it stays on your record forever? Having bad credit sucks lol, my homie and I bought a car at the same time I got 1.9 apr with my 800 credit score and he got 8.0 hahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
                      Nothing wrong with wanting free college. Your generation pretty much had free college with how much tuition cost back then

Heck I graduated at a university in 07 and only paid 800 bucks a semester so in 4 years my total tuition 6400ish. Totally reasonable.

But now that same University I graduated from charges 3500 per semester.

How can they get away with it if it stays on your record forever? Having bad credit sucks lol, my homie and I bought a car at the same time I got 1.9 apr with my 800 credit score and he got 8.0 hahahaha
                      Hey don't blame my generation. When people were told they had to go to college and government gave loans the schools jacked up the rates. You all choose to pay the fees. Not everyone NEEDS college. **** look at musk and jobs and many others. With these people to look up to I'm shocked they snuck this whole, you have to have a degree crap.

Either way, people entered into a contract. I would love to go buy a new home but I know that extra payment sux and if I don't pay the loan they'll take it away.

These schools think they can charge whatever they want because they've learned they can! Blame the schools for the cost and blame the kids for taking the loans.

It's pretty telling when these kids parents didn't refi the house and give the kids a loan. They knew they would never see it.

Comment

Working...
                      X