Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher on your ATG list? Bernard Hopkins or Roy Jones?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
    prime for prime jones beats Hopkins everyday day of the week...to much ability and just to much skill and Hopkins could have five years or 15 years of boxing under his belt and still lose to jones if both were prime fighters..fact RB
    Skill? Hopkins shits all over him in the the skill department, which is why when RJJ slowed down just a little he got KTFO. RJJ isn't greatly skilled at all. He cherry picked while on top. Roy Jones was all smoke and mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
      prime for prime jones beats Hopkins every day of the week...to much ability and just to much skill and Hopkins could have five years or 15 years of boxing under his belt and still lose to jones if both were prime fighters..fact RB. Jones was just a better fighter
      Thank you man! I love bhop and he is craftierthan roy but rjj is special and jus flat out better

Comment

This is hard to say. As so many things to take into account. In primes I think rjj always beats bh. And rjj took risks went to heavyweight.
        But bh did things at advance age and beat people he wasn’t supposed to. Not because they were great fighters but because bh was old.
        So I go for rjj. Bh did beat young fighters when he weren’t supposed to. But it’s not the same as pac beating a Thurman or spence level. Maybe not even Adrienne Broner level
        Last edited by hugh grant; 03-24-2019, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Jones of course. Miles better resume in more divisions.

Poor debate that has been put to bed at least 50 times.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            Skill? Hopkins shits all over him in the the skill department, which is why when RJJ slowed down just a little he got KTFO. RJJ isn't greatly skilled at all. He cherry picked while on top. Roy Jones was all smoke and mirrors.
            lol wtf did I just read

Comment

Don’t you think fighters deserve credit for athletisicm? Rjj slowed down and got hit and went down. Maybe his chin weren’t the best but you can detract too much.
              Ali, Tyson, Srl were all athletic and did things because of athletics, and wouldn’t have achieved half as much as they did without it
              Last edited by hugh grant; 03-24-2019, 05:26 AM.

Comment

I like Jones better. Half of the reason Hopkins dried himself and stayed at middleweight was to avoid Jones. Before his venture to heavy and back Jones would've beat Hopkins - no doubt in my mind.

Comment

Poll looks like a runaway.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Don’t you think fighters deserve credit for athletisicm? Rjj slowed down and got hit and went down. Maybe his chin weren’t the best but you can detract too much.
                    Ali, Tyson, Srl were all athletic and did things because of athletics, and wouldn’t have achieved half as much as they did without it
                    80% of boxing is down to athleticism and if you have timing , footwork , stamina and sheer desire to win that pretty much makes you almost impossible to beat.
                    Even Duran when he was a lightweight was an incredible athlete.
                    When you consider the greatest fighters of all time were Robinson , Ali , Willie pep , Leonard , Mayweather they were all that type of fighter.
                    Prime years Roy Jones Jnr beats hopkins every day of the week..simple as that

Comment

as I said RJJ beats Hopkins everyday of the week when both were in there primes..fact

Comment

Working...
                      X