No announcement yet.

Anthony Yardes unbelievably strange Mittwork *VIDEO*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
    Watching that reminded me of the Emanuel Taylor mitt work for the Broner fight.

Lol .. his trainer dances just like Broner. He left out the butt humping from the clinch move doe!

Comment

if it helps it helps. most likely just defensive head movement and nothing more. it's imperative that a trainer shoot to the body in those combinations. That's what openings are about. imo, not the smartest exercise since this repetition and memory will have Yarde memorizing on top when Kovalev can come down below.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        I love history like that. I always thought Great Britain and England were names that could be swapped out. I knew UK was the four though.

My background is mainly Acadian. Also a country that no longer exists. Acadia was the east coast of Canada and parts of New England (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI, Maine, New Hampshire etc.)and when the British came the acadians were banished to the swamps which became New Orleans, and the term “Acadian” turned into “Cajun”

Prograis is the only notable Acadian/Cajun fighter I can think of, though he’s pretty small for an Acadian.
        So you're a Cajun? They are a fascinating peopIe, and I love Cajun music. I used to play percussion in a Cajon band here in the UK.

And here's a coincidence, because Cajon music is basically a fusion of Scottish dance tunes - jigs and reels - and African American blues, with lyrics sung in French.

There were many Scots who migrated and settled on the East coast of Canada. and they took their music with them, which turn, was taken up by their French neighbours.

After the Cajuns were kicked out of Canada and ended up in the swamps of Southern USA - how fckn crazy was that! - their music became a lot more "bluesy" but it still has a unique sound and flavour all of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          So you're a Cajun? They are a fascinating peopIe, and I love Cajun music. I used to play percussion in a Cajon band here in the UK.

And here's a coincidence, because Cajon music is basically a fusion of Scottish dance tunes - jigs and reels - and African American blues, with lyrics sung in French.

There were many Scots who migrated and settled on the East coast of Canada. and they took their music with them, which turn, was taken up by their French neighbours.

After the Cajuns were kicked out of Canada and ended up in the swamps of Southern USA - how fckn crazy was that! - their music became a lot more "bluesy" but it still has a unique sound and flavour all of its own.
          Everything comes full circle.

which will be evident when Prograis beats Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
            You move the mitt into the punch so the boxer doesn't hyperextend chasing the pad.
            Or you could just hold them in range ...

Comment

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
              Or you could just hold them in range ...
              You're supposed to meet them. I don't know what you think the mitts are for but it's not target practice.

Comment

I said this years ago lol. So weird

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=758922

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
                  You're supposed to meet them. I don't know what you think the mitts are for but it's not target practice.
                  It’s become en vogue because it “looks really cool, see how fast he is” on video ... but practice/workout is to prepare a fighter to fight. Exactly what does having the target coming at the glove prepare one for?

Explain to me what you think it’s for? It’s to teach combination punching, and that includes extending to full snap.

Do some people do it that way? Sure. Now tell me what the bendy hands thing in this video is all about while you’re at it.

Comment

Bump this thread after Sergey catches body #2. Smh

Comment

kovlaev is goign to take this dude's lunch money.

i don't give that much of a **** about his dumb mitt work. waste of time but it's not going to lose you a lot of fights. he doesn't spar? kovalev will show him why that was ****ing dumb.

get ready to be a flash in the pan, anthony.

Comment

Working...
                      X