Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[FEB 2020] Post your top 5 / 10 HW RIGHT NOW!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ritz Kola View Post
    I agree. I wasn't insinuating Wilder try to outbox Fury, more so that he get with Floyd to improve his Defense in-ring. Yeah Fury has banged but never like that. Wilder trying to outbox a newly aggressive Fury- but utilizing ZERO defense is what cost him. I was yelling keep your hands up from round 1. It looked like he was trying to time and counter Fury but he was doing it with his hands down + not considering Fury's reach advantage which = Wilder being wide open while leaning back but still in range. He ironically was putting himself in sweet spot territory for Fury's punches. Defensive responsibility is what I want him to improve on, as well as throwing uppercuts. So many missed opportunities.

I feel he had to much pride at that time and his bravado didn't let him fight with his hands up, he wanted to prove he could also keep his hands low and remain a threat but Fury didn't respect him and top advantage.

If you know balance is a challenge for you it's that much more important for you to maintain a good stance and adopt some variation of a peekaboo style because it will be harder to force you on the back foot and force you off balance.

Fighters who are successful with slick styles have the speed and reflexes to make them work. It also requires high ring IQ to know when to slip and when to roll and when to counter.

I knew Wilder was in bad trouble when in rounds 2 and 3 prior to the knockdown, Wilder was visibly moved by every 1-2 Fury threw, even if both punches didn't land. When you throw a 1-2 at your opponent and he moves both of his feet and give body language that reads " I hope he doesn't throw too many more of those" it means they already lost the fight in their own minds, and in Wilders case, we know he can't adjust on the fly. Fury was shooting for straight 7s every combination and you are hard pressed to find a combo that lands for Fury that doesn't notably affect Wilder.

It felt like Mr. Satan against Gohan.

Comment

Working...
    X