Per Rafael: Steve Rolls added. Possible 164 fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Per Rafael: Steve Rolls added. Possible 164 fight

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...olls-ndam-june

I have no idea what they're planning and I actually don't know who Rolls is. Just when I thought their opponent selection couldn't get worse.

I kinda like this Rolls fight more than the N'Dam fight they've been talking about.

But yea not excited for this fight, but seems as a pretty standard first fight of a multideal fight being a kinda bs opponent fight so its not like its surprising or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I kinda like this Rolls fight more than the N'Dam fight they've been talking about.

But yea not excited for this fight, but seems as a pretty standard first fight of a multideal fight being a kinda bs opponent fight so its not like its surprising or anything.
      I actually think I might remember Rolls now that I looked him up. It might be a better fight more than I think about it but yeah it's hard to get excited. I hope only the first fight of the deal is against this caliber of fighter.

Comment

I understand the angle of grabbing an undefeated guy and steamrolling him to get the hype train going again, but Rolls' resume is a little to thin IMO.

I guess it was too risky to grab that Falcao kid that fought on the Mungia-Smith card?

I'd rather see Ndam, IMO.

Comment

Nah, N'Dam is a better option

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
            I actually think I might remember Rolls now that I looked him up. It might be a better fight more than I think about it but yeah it's hard to get excited. I hope only the first fight of the deal is against this caliber of fighter.
            Yea he's a solid, if older, prospect type guy. It's an amazing opportunity for him win or lose. And yea I'm not mad at it. Has the potential to be interesting if GGG comes in thinking Rolls is gonna lay down or if GGG "got old" or if Rolls is much better than he's been able to show up til now vs the caliber of guy he's fought.

Comment

I prefer this guy over N'dam.

We know Golovkin beats N'dam but this Rolls guys is undefeated somewhat of a wildcard. N'dam is washed and we know he will lose.

Comment

I just wonder what their angle is for a 164 fight. Has 160 truly gotten to hard to make or are they instead easing their way into it, as not to have to cut so much after a long lay off, which has showed in the past year or 2.

Comment

This would be awful, let's hope it's N'Dam

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                    http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...olls-ndam-june

I have no idea what they're planning and I actually don't know who Rolls is. Just when I thought their opponent selection couldn't get worse.
                    Shut the fùck up already. You're the most insufferable poster here.

Comment

Working...
                    X