Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big a star/draw is Keith Thurman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure he's a household name in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I know, but just having a PPV suggests people are willing to try to maximize your upside or have a believe in your upside besides selling seats. That says something about the level you're at to me. So while doing 150k isn't getting you to 10 its probably gonna get you to a 9 with me cuz most name guys never sell 1 PPV.

That said it does seem like PBC doesn't have a PPV arm in the first place reallllllllly making it less likely for Thurman to even get that chance & thats relevant, but the thing hurting him is that he's not been consistent...he's schedule has been brutal lately.

-Currently out 5 mos with nothing on the schedule
      Fought in March 2017
      -Out for 9 months
      Fought in June 2016
      -Out for 11 months
      Fought in July 2015

You can't have many guys THAT into you when you got 3 fights in 25 months & likely nothing for another 4-6 months as I believe I recall them saying Thurman wasn't looking to fight again til the first quarter of 2018. Can't gain much traction with fans on that activity schedule.
      Yeah he is with PBC and unless he gets a showtime contract he would not have a chance to be on PPV..
      I agree on the inactivity though.. though 2/3 times he has a valid reason.. he got injured before the porter fight and the dude out of nowhere got married..

Comment

Working...
      X