Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fighter's style is better suited for street//bar fighting? Pac or PBF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The moment Pacquiao even faces marginal come-forward pressure, he puts on his ear muffs and tucks his arms; do that in a bar fight and you get utterly wrecked, nevermind the earlier part of jumping in/out of your own shots.

Floyd Mayweather works towards space, can slip most shots from range and, when things get tight on the inside, can keep his whits about him, stay active in the trenches, and still protect himself.

not much of a question.

Comment

well if youre a puszy and you get into a fight then Floyds would work best.

If you are a bad ass and aint scared to fight well Mannys is best!

Comment

You would not wanna clinch in a Bar fight.

Comment

whoever is most likely to throw the first punch. IDK about floyd and pac, floyd dont want to be sued and pac is a pretty nice guy, floyd keeps his body guards around to handle that ****.

need someone more wreckless. Thats why mike tyson was so scary, he was a lose cannon, didnt think about being sued or arrested. That **** was hilarious when Haye decked chisora and threw a tripod at him. Haye won that 'fight' because he threw the first punch without hesitation when chisora tried to get in his face

Comment

1) Bar fights are usually ended within the first punch or two.
            2) You don't want to back up in a bar fight because you run out of real estate quickly and can trip easily.
            3) You also don't back up because when you hit a wall or crowd, you can't throw like you can in a boxing ring. You become target practice and you'll likely split your head open if you back up into a brick wall (ask me how I know).

In a public fight, the first powerful shot that lands is usually the last. You simply don't want to give your opponent the chance to throw at you. And that has nothing to do with Floyd or Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              Discuss.
              2 things:

-first, why is this a topic/thread again? (We saw the "fight")

-secondly, a majority of the people on this site don't know anything about boxing and I can't imagine they know anything about fighting. It's mostly fan boys. I call them "fanalysts" (people who are fight fans but believe they know the intricacies and machinations of the sweet science and combat.

If I had to pick either Floyd or Manny to be my partner in a bar room brawl I'd pick Floyd. If we lost Manny would be like "I thought we won the fight... By the way we wouldn't have lost if my shoulder wasn't hurt".

Comment

As bojangles said, their 'style' wouldnt be apparent because 999 times out of 1000, they bust someones jaw/nose/split their face open with he first 1-3 punches they throw.

There should be a mandatory requirement to post here, entailing that you need to go down to a local gym, do a light training session to appreciate how fit these guys are, and then step in the ring with an amateur of some repute for a light spar, to understand how tough and skilful these guys are.

Ive seen people on here claim they could last a few rounds with Roman Gonzalez...absolutely insane.

I had a brief am career of 20 fights as a teenager (hopefully more soon) and fought from 95-132lbs. I remember being 15 yrs old and 110lbs, and the coach would let me spar ****y beginners who weighed sometimes up to 170-180lbs...and i would punch holes through them ....and i was a solid fighter but nothing too special..

Ive had plenty of streetlights and never been badly beaten, and the only ones i really "lost" were against guys over 200lbs who just tackled me while i was super drunk...as a young 17-18 year old i easily beat up numerous grown men who weighed a ton more than me...

you guys wouldnt even know what hit you, if a guy like manny/floyd even jabbed you...

Comment

Floyd, long reach and more than enough power to handle someone who isn't a professional. Someone with no technical defense is a sitting duck and will get KO'd like Ortiz. But it's close, Pac is a better puncher imo but Floyd will be more than adequate in that department and I think the reach will assure me that he'll get off the shot first.

Edit: Not saying Ortiz has no defense btw
                  Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 08-01-2015, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    He isn't on the poll, but I agree.

I love your sig btw, I laugh every time I see it.
                    His sig is extra ******ed. I saw the original footage when I made the horrible mistake of watching a Showtime prefight documentary.

The guy got buzzed in sparring and Mayweather was trying to play for a camera and making a fool of himself.

Manchild time in that gif.

Comment

Originally posted by mneronava2k View Post
                      2 things:

-first, why is this a topic/thread again? (We saw the "fight")

-secondly, a majority of the people on this site don't know anything about boxing and I can't imagine they know anything about fighting. It's mostly fan boys. I call them "fanalysts" (people who are fight fans but believe they know the intricacies and machinations of the sweet science and combat.

If I had to pick either Floyd or Manny to be my partner in a bar room brawl I'd pick Floyd. If we lost Manny would be like "I thought we won the fight... By the way we wouldn't have lost if my shoulder wasn't hurt".
                      to be fair, this doesn't have to do with "the fight", but I do agree with your last point.

Comment

Working...
                      X