Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Mayweather vs Maidana...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had floyd by a round or 2 iirc maidana really smothered his own work it may have looked good but it wasnt effective if it was how come floyd wasnt bust up? staggered? struggling down the stretch? floyd simply waiting till maidana lost a step then put his foot on the gas and won enough rounds to take the fight

props to chino i only wish we could have seen what would have happened if the bell didnt ring in the 2nd fight right after chino stunned floyd

Comment

• Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
      9-3 your an idiot.
      You forget boxingmatches are fights.
      and floyd got out fought.clearly
      No.

Clean Punching
      Defense
      Ring Generalship
      EFFECTIVE AGGRESSIVENESS

That’s how you score boxing. Throwing wild shots that do not land.....goes the other fighters way in terms of scoring a fight.

Comment

• 114-114 is fair.

I scored it 115-113 for Floyd on the night of the fight, and again when I re-watched it recently. It was a close fight.

Regarding the 11th round, I gave it to Floyd because Floyd really dominated the first 1:45 of that round and did a lot of good work early. He had one of his best combinations just 10seconds into the round, for example, and he deserves credit for it even if it did happen early on.

Maidana dominated the next 45 seconds, and then Floyd got him with a couple of quick hooks before Maidana tackled him. Floyd landed a couple decent shots after getting up at the end of the round.

Again, it was a close fight, and I don't have a problem with anyone scoring it a draw even though I had Floyd in a close win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
          No.

Clean Punching
          Defense
          Ring Generalship
          EFFECTIVE AGGRESSIVENESS

That’s how you score boxing. Throwing wild shots that do not land.....goes the other fighters way in terms of scoring a fight.

You can not land clean punches and still be effective with your aggression. If I still move you where I want you and then land something decisive, or if I simply impose my fight and force you into a different tempo reluctantly, then my aggression was effective.

You can also land clean punches off the back foot.

Boxing is more complex than most make it out to be and each fight brings different nuances to assess.

Comment

Working...
          X